25.

TWO YEAR LATER,

FCT ABUJA,

NIGERIA.

"Yo man! How's single life treating you?" Kamal teased, taking off his shades as he playfully punched Zayn's shoulder.

Zayn shook his head, grumbling under his breath. Kamal, or the idiot as Zayn preferred to call him now, got hitched the year back to the girl he had loved since childhoodand since then, no one hears the end of his teasing; especially not Zayn. What more, the man has started teasing him the minute he returns home for the first time in two years.

Why is he always the one to pick him up from the airport?

"Lucky idiot". Zayn mumbled under his breath; throwing his friend an annoyed look. He then pushed his suitcase over to Kamal, leaving him to be the one to drag it out while he ignored him and walked ahead.

But that didn't shut the idiot up.

"If not that we have something to attend right now I'll say you should drop by my house so you can eat my wife's food. I know at this point I have to be helping my single friends like you, especially now that Ramadan is near" Kamal said, finally catching up to Zayn. The two are just about the same height, but whenever Zayn walks fast, Kamal wonders what is going on in those long legs of his.

Is it because he's in the military? No it can't be. Even Kamal went through extensive training.

"Are you ever going to stop this?" Zayn asked, as the two made their way over to Kamal's car.

The man nodded, "Of course I will"

"Can it be now?"

Kamal offered Zayn a wide grin, "Of course..." He dropped the grin, "...not"

That had Zayn hissing lightly under his breath as he opened the back seat, then slipped into it. Kamal who had dropped the man's suitcase in the trunk stood watching him.

"I'm not your driver!" He exclaimed, but Zayn ignored him.

Eventually, he shook his head and made his way over to the front seat; at the end ending up to be Zayn's driver. He couldn't do anything about that. But, he can annoy Zayn further. "You know, if you want me to stop just get married" He threw a glance at his friend through the rearview mirror.

Zayn who had thrown his head back with his eyes flickered close responded without moving from his position. "Shut up Kamal"

Kamal shrugged, moving his gaze back on the road. "Okay, if you say so. Honestly, it's with this attitude that you'll shut your destiny up" He stated nonchalantly, even though he meant to get under Zayn's skin. "Just saying" He added.

"Kamal..." Zayn's warning came, indicating that Kamal is winning.

"I'm just saying..." Because of that, the man didn't shut up. "...the one woman we are hoping can stand your annoying self is getting married too"

That had Zayn snapping his gaze open. "What?" His voice came out low as he rose his head up, to face Kamal who is now facing away from him; his gaze fixated on the road. "Who is getting married?"

"Batoulah of course" Kamal stated as if it's the most obvious thing. He then slipped his hand on the passenger seat and picked up a card, handing it over to Zayn. "Didn't you get your invite to the nikah?" He asked, his tone lacking any sort of lark.

Zayn was quick to snatch it out of Kamal's hands. And a second later, he had the card out of the envelope and in his hands as he read the content. And sure enough there was her name, Dr. Fatima Batoulah Hamoudi getting married to some doctor, in the name of Dr. MahrazSunusi. And it is set to take place in a week.