4.

Goodnight or Good morning? 😂
It's another update whichever the case is. And guess who concluded writing this book right now?!! 😩🎉

"What are you doing here" His father asked, hands clenched by his side.

"Dad, please..." Sabrina muttered, wanting to stop their father before he does something that he might end up regretting afterwards.

Their mother blinked, closing her eyes for a brief second. She was happy to see Zayn after all the time that passed, yet she knew his presence there would only create a ruckus that wouldn't benefit any of them.

Zayn didn't let his father's expression get to him. "Sabrina texted. Said we're having a family dinner. She invited me" He explained. He wasn't there for arguments. No matter what happened between them in the past, he didn't want to argue with them because they are his parents. Besides, parents or not, they are still older than him, so he knew he shouldn't argue with them. Kulsum taught him that.

Granted, he was still furious with them, yet he didn't plan on showing it knowing there's no point. He was there for one reason, and the minute he gets his answers he planned on leaving.

His mother opened her eyes, deciding to speak before her husband could. She casted her gaze on Zayn, pushing her chair back as she stood up. With a warm smile plastered on her face, she walked towards him and once within arms-length, embraced him. "Welcome back home Zayn" She whispered, "You have no idea how happy I am that you're back. Alhamdulillah"

Zayn exhaled lowly, returning the embrace. Despite everything that happened, if there's one good thing that came out of what happened to Kulsum was that his mother and sister changed—towards him at least.

The father, not so much. People don't just change their habits overnight.

Although he doesn't show it, Zayn was happy to see his mother again. She had tried to reach out to him more than Sabrina does all these years. Albeit he ignored the calls, just like he does to everyone, he couldn't deny that being in his mother's embrace is soothing.

He didn't reply but when he pulled back, there was a small smile on his face.

Though he had pulled back from the embrace, she kept her hand on his shoulder. She needed that much confirmation to believe that he is really there, and not some illusion of hers. She seemed to be having a lot of that over the past few years. "You didn't have dinner, right?"

He nodded.

"Sit then, we're about to eat" Her smile widened, gesturing to the seat he was standing beside.

While Zayn pulled the chair back and sat, she headed back to her chair.

"Welcome back, Zayn" Hanif said from across the table, offering Zayn a small grin.

Zayn said nothing in reply, only offering him a curt nod.

"It's good to have you back home, Zayn" A voice came from beside him, one he was extremely familiar with. Aasim.

Zayn feigned ignorance, refusing to spare Aasim a glance better yet his attention. If there's one person he hated at the table the most, it's Aasim; and he wasn't planning on hiding it.

What's the point? Everyone knows already.

"Now that we're all here!" Sabrina spoke up, wanting to end the silence that filled the room. It was so thick that it was slowly becoming suffocating. "Let's dive in, shall we?"

Zayn looked up from his empty plate, only for his gaze to fall on the two kids that remain seated beside Hanif. He didn't need anyone to tell him that they are Hanif and Sabrina's children, they both look like an exact replica of both parents. The only difference is that while the one that looks more like Hanif seemed calm, the one that resembles Sabrina looks like a troublemaker.