9.

Zayn wasted no time in going over to Sabrina's home to look for Hanif. He doesn't know where the man work. All he knows is that he is a doctor too, just like his brother. However, a part of him felt the need to go home and check whether he was there.

He really wanted answers at the moment. He had enough questions brewing up. It was about time he gets some answers at least.

He didn't go into the house though, he simply asked the gateman who seemed skeptical when giving him answers. The rational part of him didn't blame the old man because he doesn't know him, yet the part that was restless couldn't care less.

All it took was a glare and the old man told him all he needed to know. No one could deny the fact that a glare from an irked man wouldn't intimidate the old man.

Zayn found out that Hanif wasn't around, but the gateman gave him his work address. He wasn't sure how Zayn is related to either Hanif or Sabrina, mostly because he didn't look like Sabrina or anyone in the family one bit. Hopefully, they won't find out and get irked.

Zayn revved the car away from the house and headed to the hospital he was addressed to. He had never been there before, for it is one of the new hospitals built since he left the country. Using the GPS, he got there eventually.

Unlike the other hospital, he didn't hesitate to go in. Once he was in, he made his way over to the receptionist's table to ask about him.

"Which doctor?" The male receptionist asked, looking from the computer situated infront of him.

"Dr. Hanif Abdou Hussein"

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No" Zayn didn't see the point in beating around the bush.

"I'm sorry Sir, but--"

"Zayn?"

Zayn's brows furrowed, as he turned around to glance at the person who called him. He was taken aback because he wasn't expecting her to be there. But then, her husband might be working there too since his brother is, it wouldn't be surprising then. "Hayra"

She offered him a smile, shifting her bag from one hand to the other, "It really is you" Her eyes glanced at the receptionist, "I'll take it from here"

The man nodded, "Okay Ma'am"

She then turned back to Zayn, who was tapping his fingers on the table continuously, "Let's go"

A part of him wanted to ask whether she knows why he's there, but he figured she might've overheard him asking about her brother-in-law. So, wordlessly, he followed her over to the elevator she was leading them to.

Once in, she pressed the third floor button, before stepping back and glancing at Zayn, "Would it seem nosy if I ask why you're looking for Hanif?"

"Yes" He replied, not sparing her a glance. In all honesty, he really doesn't get why she chose to marry Aasim after knowing his history with Kulsum. Is she on a suicide mission or something?

Hayra nodded slowly. She wished she could say she was offended from him being that straightforward but it would be a lie. It would be hypocritical of her to do so, because she was like that too not too long ago. "I know I've said this before, but I'm sorry about your loss" For some odd reason, since she had met him, she had felt as though the death affected him the most.

And hence she couldn't resist sympathizing with him.

For the first time since they stepped into the elevator, Zayn glanced at her. And then that feeling came again. The one where she looked oddly familiar. But he couldn't pinpoint where exactly. "Were you two that close?"