11.

DUSTE,

JIGAWA STATE,

NIGERIA.

The only problem with the information Zayn got was that Salma doesn't live in Abuja anymore. She got married and settled in Jigawa.

Despite her not being in Abuja anymore, he still wasn't planning on giving up. So, he booked the earlier flight he could get to Kano which left the next day. When he got there, he took a car to Duste. Thankfully, his father has a house in Kano and a driver, so it came in handy at the moment.

He arrived in Duste the next day sometime past 2pm. He didn't even bother to rest or eat as he asked the driver to drive straight to the Federal University. Based on the research he had done, courtesy of the information given to him by Aasim of course, Salma works both as doctor and a lecturer in the university—Federal UniveristyDuste, as a History and Sociology of Medicine lecturer.

He doesn't know whether she's at the school at the moment or not, but he planned on checking there either ways. So, as the driver drove through the main gate and headed to the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, beside the Senate building, he found himself tapping his foot on the floor repeatedly.

As if he was sitting on needles, he jumped off the seat the minute the driver parked the car, fixing his jacket in the process. He shivered slightly, pulling out his face mask to put it on in an attempt to block off the cold from getting to him.

He has heard of the intensity of the state's weather; he didn't expect it to be like that. And since it's cold season, he found himself donning a denim and plan top topped with a hoodie and a jacket. Old habit of his since he has been in the US all these years. A beanie covered his head from the arctic cold.

His eyes moved round the place as the students moved about, either leaving their lectures hall or heading towards it; each engrossed in conversations with their friends.

"I'm telling you, that Laws of Royalty is so good" Commented one amongst the group of girls approaching him.

The girl beside her shook her head, tutting. "Jannah, you see what you've caused, right? Instead of this girl to be reading Charaka and Susruta but she's here reading your novel" She pointed a finger at the third girl who laughed.

The girl, Jannah, moved her gaze to the first one, "Ummi you heard what Safeena said, right? Better read Baba Charaka oh! Lemme not hear excuse later" The three girls laughed.

Zayn released a sigh, moving his head to one of the buildings that has 'Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences' written on it, before making his way over. Once he was in, he took the steps and was surprised by the little amount of student there. Nonetheless, he pulled out his phone and dialed the man he had gotten information about Salma's job there.

He is an old friend, someone that Zayn kept little contact with but still, he was there when he needed help and he will forever be grateful for that.

The man answered the call, letting Zayn know that he will come out to meet him. And soon enough, Zayn saw him stepping out of his office. The man spotted him also, then made his way over to him.

The two shook hands and exchanged salaam. "How was the trip"

Zayn shrugged slightly, "Alhamdullilah" He offered the man a small smile that he mustered.

"Masha Allah" The man muttered, "Well, it's better to go straight to the point, right? Since I know you don't like beating in the bush"

"Yes please" Zayn nodded, "Can I meet her today?"