3.

Nothing but a Good Morning🌚 and Jumuat Kareem❤️

Enjoy!

Zayn didn't know what to feel at the moment.

Anger? Happiness? Sadness?

He didn't know honestly. But that wasn't the problem.

The problem is that he couldn't feel anything. Except it concerns Kulsum, he couldn't feel a thing.Though he was used to it, it didn't help the fact that he knew people will expect him to 'at least feel something'. A major reason he didn't like getting involved with people. Their expectations from him were simply too much.

He felt like letting them know that they shouldn't expect anything from him. Then again, when was he ever the one to express himself?

Never. And it will stay that way for eternity.

His eyes didn't move from the message on his phone. He had been staring at it since it came through. He couldn't bring himself to make a move to answer it or turn it off.

He simply watched it, waiting for the time the phone screen will go off so he doesn't have to see it again.

~Dear Zayn,

Come over for dinner. Let's dine, as a family. Please.

Never in his life had Zayn ever yearned to feel something like he did at the moment. He wanted to feel angry. He wanted to shout and ask why they would send him a message that begins that way? How could they do that to him knowing it'll remind him of her? They are all aware of how she suffered from that message...the paranoia she had to constantly go through.

Another part of him wanted to be happy. The part wanted to feel joy knowing that despite how things ended between them ten years ago, they still consider him a family. At least, someone in the family does.

And a much bigger part of him wanted to crumble. They want a family dinner with him. What they keep forgetting though is that to him, it will never be a family again without her.

People say you get over your loved one's death yet Zayn want to find the person who said that, and ask him if he ever lost a loved one. He doesn't get how others do it. After ten years without her, the pain was still there prominent just as the day he lost her.

There was only one thing that kept him going all these years. And that was knowing that Allah loves her more than he does. Every day he feels pain, he reminds himself that Kulsum is happy now, and that's all that matters. Every time he prays, he prays for her to ba happy and in Jannah. He prays that Allah ends all her suffering, that all of it ended here in dunyah.

That was what kept him going.

The screen went off eventually, ending Zayn's gaze on the phone. He sighed, burying his face in between his hands. He glanced at the wall clock, noting that he had about an hour before the dinner. The message came through hours ago, yet each time his eyes fall on it, it feels like the first time.

He didn't want to go. But, he had to look for Kulsum's phone and the house is the only place he could ever think of.

So, he stood up from the bed, picking his phone and car keys along with him, he headed out. He didn't bother to change his outfit; he didn't feel the need to. Not when he wasn't going there to meet his family and be happy. He will go there for his own reasons and leave the minute he gets answers.