The Address

I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THIS SUPER LATE UPDATION. THE PAST TWO MONTHS WERE REALLY TERRIBLE FOR ME. I HAD PRE FINALS, FINAL PRACTICALS AND FINALS SO AGAIN SORRY. 

Anyways here is the new one :)

______________________________________________________________________

Evelyn's POV

The post card was inside the dictionary on my drawer. It is nowhere to be seen. I searched everywhere in my room. It is missing.

“Do you think the ghost did something with it?” Alex asked while she was searching my closet.

“No... I don’t think so. He could have done anything to the postcard yesterday when I found it. But he didn’t.”

“Where did you keep it?”

“Inside the dictionary.”

“Do you think anyone could have taken that?”

“You are accusing my parents, Alex?”

“No. Maybe they needed it or something. Ask them.”

“Do you think they know about my nightmares, Alex?”

“If they knew, they would have never let you out of their sight. Don’t over think.  We are getting to the bottom of this.”

I let out a heavy sigh. My parents were neither in their room nor in the living room.

“Dad? Mom?” I called out.

“In here, Evelyn” I heard my dad’s voice from his office room.

“Where is mom?” I asked entering his room.

“She went for grocery shopping. Something important?”

“No, I didn’t see you or mom when I came. I assumed you were not home.”

“Well, I have these bank statements to check. So I got up early. Anything wrong Evelyn?”

“No, did you see my dictionary which was on my drawer? We have this game thing and yeah I need it.”

“Oh, I was searching for a fat book to keep these papers and I found the dictionary on the desk, here.”

He handed the dictionary. “Dad, Alex and I will be going out now to buy some things for Harry's birthday.”

“Now? At 8.30? Which shop will be open?”

“Dad we will be fine. Bye dad.”

I rushed back to my room. The postcard was still in there.

“Did your dad see it?” Alex asked with worry all over her face.

“No, but this one thing has been bugging me since yesterday.”

Alex motioned me to continue.

“If I can’t tell about the nightmares to anyone, then you too should not know, but you know about it since a long time. Why didn’t the ghost stop me from telling you?”

Alex eyes widened. “I did hear what the ghost said yesterday. I could hear too...It’s getting creepier each day, Eve.”

“Let’s go to the post office now.”

“Which one?” Alex asked doubtfully. “We can’t just go to every office in the whole UK.”

“Well, Manchester and London.”

“Let me see the card.”Alex asked. “This door was the one? You are 100% sure?”

“Yes. The very same.” I swear it’s the same.