The Revelation

Hello readers.
I just realized that the last two chapters have been the sappiest I have ever written in all while long. I missed the sense of thriller. So here is some. Hope you like it.

As usual, unedited. Please ignore the typos and errors.

Chapter 33

Evelyn's POV

Immediately after the news the freaky man delivered, I got a call from the police. They told me to come home as soon as possible as something bad has happened.

I still held myself together, hoping for a good news and that this was all a hoax. My parents just called me. It cannot be anything like what they said. I called my parents, it went straight to voicemail. But I wasn't going to give up just like that. I wasn't ready to believe the news. Plus the police didn't say anything about being dead. I was looking for facts to not believe the news.

"I will drive." The freaky man said and we three sat in the car. I walked past Max's car and realized all their calls. I took my phone out but I couldn't bring myself to call anyone of them. My hands were shaking. Cole, who was sitting beside me in the back seat, took the phone from my hands and informed everyone to come to my house.

I saw the ghost. It was back. It was back again. It warned me before, I didn't listen and said everything to Harry. If this is it's way of punishing me for my mistakes, I am ready to pay the price, not my parents. Tears were falling uncontrollably. Cole tried his best confronting me.

When I reached my house three hours later, everyone were present all around the yellow tape. I saw everybody's parents. It was something serious. I started running towards the house with Cole trying to hold me back. He made way among the crowd and reached out to an officer.

The chief officer addressed me and shared the status of investigation..., "There was no sign of forced entry, It must be someone your parents knew. We are sure it was just an one man job..," The officer started walking into the house and my mind couldn't comprehend what was happening. Cole, who was beside me all this time, pushed me in front and made me follow the officer. There was blood all over the floor.., from the kitchen to the living room.

He took me inside my living room. "He shot your father first, two to the chest and one to the head..," He showed where he was. I couldn't bring myself to look. I didn't want to look at my father like that. The couch was hiding it along with my tears. I turned to Cole and hugged him tightly and cried.

I cried.., I cried loudly, until I was wailing and finally breathless. It was real. All the things happened in a second. Cole took me outside and made me sit on the porch. I couldn't breathe anymore. I wanted to run away. Run away from this moment. Run away from this house. Run away from everything.

The Officer returned, Cole stood up and now the officer reported to him. I clenched my foot to my body and hugged myself, rocking back and forth. I tried not to listen.., but I couldn't.

"I guess her mother wasn't intended to be shot but still, they shot her in the abdomen, in the kitchen. She was alive and she dragged herself to the living room, to her husband and hence the blood on the floor. She maybe tried calling someone, she had the phone in her hand. We received the call from one of their neighbors. The forensic experts are now swiping the house for any clues. I am really sorry for your loss. This is now officially a double homicide." The officer returned back.

Tears were unstoppable, I couldn't control it. I could see all my friends and their parents behind the yellow tape. Cole sat beside me and kept trying to sooth me. But it was no use. I just lost my parents.

Two weeks later..,

I am back at my home in Liverpool. I don't know what is home anymore. My parents have been murdered. They are no longer alive. They are gone. They left me alone. I should accept this fact.