The Sombre

Finally, Cole and Evelyn meet in this chapter.., not when they are drunk or in dreams. But in flesh and bones. As usual, there are cliffhangers, with typos and errors. Unedited chapter.

Chapter 32

Harry's POV

Luke is going to hurt Evelyn. Not physically but he is going to damage her emotionally. I want him to tell the truth. I want him to tell her everything but that is going to break her. I wish things were different. I wish Luke hadn't done it. I wish he hadn't told me anything.

I left them alone when he said he wanted to talk. I don't know what kind of lies he is going to cook up and hurt her more. I wanted to tell Evelyn everything the moment when she blamed Mr.Damon for everything but that it was Luke since the first. I couldn't stand Evelyn believing him blindly. I couldn't lie when I know the truth. I can't do this to Evelyn and the rest.

Luke may have his reasons but none of it is good enough to hurt someone. Oh, how I wish he hadn't told me anything. It hurts me seeing Evelyn hurt. It hurts me when she cries. It just simply hurts. I was the person who was rooting for them at first. But as time flew, truth couldn't be hidden for long, secrets came out. People changed. Luke changed. Evelyn changed. I changed. Oh, how I wish things were different.

I didn't want Luke to lie anymore. When they come back, I am going to get myself involved and tell the truth. This has gone for a long time now and before it turns into a disaster I should do something it.

I joined the rest of the gang. They all were already seated in the cafe and in fact this was a nice place. A silent one. Not much people around. But still busy. I sat in silence while everyone ordered their food. I didn't have the stomach to eat. Not when I know that something will happen to Evelyn. I just ordered a drink and was waiting impatiently for her return.

"It's been long since they both left. Don't you want to check on them?" I asked everyone.

"It's okay Harry. It's Luke. He is not going to kidnap her or kill her. She will be fine with him and besides they have a lot to talk about last night. After all the things that happened.., and you." Jude said while wiping his mouth.

"And me? What about me? Why should they be talking about me?" I asked in a tone.

He sighed and continued. "Come on, Harry. It all happened because of you. May it be a misunderstanding or not. It still has to do with you. They need time to talk it out and clear their doubts." He took another bite of his food and continued. "Give them time as long as they need."

Evelyn's POV

"I think.., we should break up, Evelyn."

I think.., we should break up, Evelyn. I kept hearing these words again and again. Why would he want to break up? Is it because of Cole? Is it because of Harry? Is it because of that nightmare? Million of things were rushing right now. I want to ask him these questions but I couldn't form words.

I was unable to move. My gaze was constantly fixed on Luke. I neither blinked nor shed a tear. I just stood there looking at him. I don't know what to do. He too, didn't say anything else. He observed me. He was expecting me to do something. But I just stood there.

We were standing amongst a forest, but with trees sparsely distributed. The entire ground was covered with moist grass. There was a clear path leading to the edge of waterfall. You could hear it loud, very loud. But even in that I could hear his words. Only those words. Echoing again and again.

He walked towards me after a good one minute of me just standing there and looking at him. Still I didn't move. He reached for my shoulders and pulled me close to him. That's when it hit me. I pushed him away. I took a step away from him.