The Aftermath

My 30th Chapter.., Here you go.. I hope You guys like it. Again apologies for the delay. Med school is harder than they seems to be.. It's like.., "What do you mean by the word- sleep?"

Hearty thanks for putting up with me. There will be POV switches. Without further ado..,

COLE'S POV

She just puked all over my feet. All over herself too. She looked like she was about to faint and fall on her own puke. Before she could do that I caught her. There she was lying in my arms.

In movies, this is the point where the male protagonist gets sort of feeling for the female protagonist. As already the author mentioned this is sort of a cliche story, that's what happened.

My heart had this tugging feeling. I couldn't exactly explain what kind of feeling or why I even felt that but it felt good. It gave me hope. Hope that, maybe Evelyn couldn't be my undoing. Hope that there is something good going to come out of this.

I carried her to my bed again and laid her. I had a debate to whether change her t-shirt her or not. But since it was stinking really bad, I took on of my t-shirts and changed her into it. Of course without any perverted thoughts and put hers for washing. Also social convention dictates to do so....

I mopped the floor and made her something greasy to eat to help her ease her hangover. Her friends were still no show. I sat beside her and gazed upon her, not in a creepy way. And that set a train of thoughts.

I have no idea why we are bound into this mess. Why would anyone want the two of us together? What are they going to get out of this? Why is it 'meant to happen'? I am sure her life will be well off without me in it. I never really gave thought about what would happen if we get together. Till now it was always 'we are not supposed to be together'. What would happen if we were together? Not that, I want to be with her.

She stirred in her sleep. She looked so peaceful. I couldn't bring myself to wake her wake up. She even let out a small snore. I chuckled at that sight.

It's been nearly two weeks since Natasha and I broke up. It's been two weeks since someone other than me entered this house. It's nice to have some company, drunk or not. I got up and went to my study which was attached to the living room.

As on cue I received a message from Alex, that they It's were in the neighborhood and would reach within five minutes.

One lesson life has taught me is people are important. People matter. No matter how far they are...But its this people who hurt us more. And we have to be okay with it, which I cannot be.
I am trying to turn my life around for better. I want people but the ones whom I choose.

There was a knock on my door, I opened to welcome Alex and Harry. But it wasn't them. It was Ashton. Why is he here? What is he doing this early? What if he sees Evelyn? What if..? 

"Going to let me in or just going to stand there staring at me?" He asked me.

I was coming up with an excuse but couldn't think of anything right at the moment. He pushed me aside and entered. Just as I was about to close the door, I saw a car pull up. They both got out. I welcomed them in and led them inside the living room. Ashton, who was sitting on the couch and eating the breakfast I made, was shocked to see them.

"What are they doing here?" Ashton asked. 

Alex remained quite and didn't make eye contact with any of us.

"We are here for Evelyn." Harry answered.

"Now what? She magically found Cole's house and she is on her way to meet him?" Ashton asked chuckling.