The Pile of Questions

This chapter will focus on the conversation between Cole and Silas Damon.

That evening

Cole's POV

"Hello son"

I feared this would come but not anytime soon. One might ask why I am still holding grudge for something that happened ages ago.
The truth is.., I can never forget the way he turned his back on me, when I needed his help. If that's not worse, One day from no where he wants to be a part in my life.
The anger, the pain, the sufferings I went through cannot be easily forgiven.

I don't know what to tell him. I remained silent for a long time.

"Cole? Are you there?"

I got my voice straight. "Yes."
I have a lot of unanswered questions. Where to start and more importantly how to start.

"Natasha told me about your... breakup."

Luckily he started.
"Yes. That happened." There was a long pause from my side and I can clearly hear him ruffling through some papers.
"Listen... I can call you when you are free."

"Oh no... I am not busy. It's just some files to be taken care of."
Again there was a long pause.
"Natasha informed me that you would call. I guess you called to get some answers."

Okay seriously. He and Natasha are phone buddies now? Didn't they meet like yesterday? Or that they were acting in front of me.

"Very well then. So tell me what you know." I asked him.

"I know you get dreams about Evelyn. The ones which look very real. But you two haven't met... not as Cole anyways."

"How do you know that we have met." I asked surprised.

"I am your father. I wish the best for you all the time."

What is he trying to do? I am not calling to bond with him.

"How do you know Natasha?" I have planned to just ask questions.

"From here and there. Known her for a while."

"I don't want vague answers. How do you know her?" I am not going to put up with his shit this time.

I could hear him sigh. "One day she came to my office claiming she knows about me... About my previous life. But she knew about you too and wanted to know more about you.
I denied knowing you. I didn't want you to get into this. I have no idea how she found you.
Later I came to know that you were dating her. I told her to stay away from you but then she told about Evelyn.
She made sure you stayed away from Evelyn. For that I am thankful to her.
And she has been my inside and outside source since then."

I have nothing to say about this. I feel more and more betrayed.

"I don't know what to say. I never thought it would be this messed up."
I waited for few seconds so that he can say something.
Since he didn't I proceeded with my questions.
"Why do I keep getting these nightmare visions?"

"Cole, sometimes the past rules our present life more than we let it."

What does that mean? "Do you think these visions actually portrait my previous life?"

"That's what I said now."
I didn't ask for a smart ass reply.

"I didn't mean that... Does this mean Evelyn is someone whom I share a connection of some sort?" I asked confused.