The Ryder Elf

Here you go, another chapter.
I hope you like it.
Feel free to comment anything...

Cole's POV

"How did you know about all this?" I asked Mr Jacobs.

He didn't answer. His eyes were focused on the table. He looked at both of us and back at the table.

"The walls are pretty thin, We could hear her scream at night. She even said your name a couple of times." He took a breath.

"But that doesn't explain how you found this Cole." Ashton said.

"I am getting to it." Mr Jacobs said, raising his voice. He got up and grabbed three beers. He placed them on the table and continued..,

"We didn't know what the name meant or who it was for a very long time. We even tried talking to Evelyn but she never said anything about it." I took a sip from my beer.

"One day, my colleague's daughter said she found a newspaper from a bunch of junk in the attic. She said one of the names was very familiar. The name was Silas Damon."

I coughed hearing his name. And both of their eyes were on me.

"Sorry. Wrong pipe." I said and he continued.

"I ran a search for Silas Damon. I found many, including the famous businessman. I couldn't pinpoint at one. But she said she knew a person named Cole Damon with a case like Evelyn. I knew it got to be you." He finished.

There was a moment of silence. "For how long did you it was me?" I asked Mr Jacobs.

"For six months, give or take." He said.

"You have known that long? But you came to meet me only two months ago. Why didn't you come before?" I asked him.

"There was no compulsion before." He said.

Ashton and I gave him questionable looks.

"I got an anonymous call two months back, He said to make sure Evelyn doesn't go to Manchester and if she does he said he will disclose a secret that we were kept from..,

He was cut off by Mrs Jacobs. She looked like she went for grocery shopping.

"Have you seen the traffic out there? It takes an hour just to reach the store. And don't ask about the..." That's when she noticed us. "Oh.., I didn't realize we got company."

"Hello Mrs Jacobs." I stood up, soon Ashton also stood up and introduced himself. She was a bit shocked but she soon regained herself.

"Please. Take your seat." She smiled and excused herself.

There was a few seconds of silence before Mr Jacobs continued.

"As I was telling before, I got a call, he said I had to make sure Evelyn doesn't go to Manchester. I couldn't stop Evelyn. All of her friends chose University of Manchester and she wanted to be with them. Since I had no other option, I.., We came to you for help."

Mrs Jacobs too joined with him.

"Have you tried to find out who called you?" Ashton asked him.

"No, it was from a burner phone and it soon got disconnected after the call." He replied.

But I have a hunch who could it be.

"Has she met you there?" Mrs Jacobs asked me.

"No." I replied.

Ashton looked at me, clearly pointing out that I am lying.

"Not as Cole. She still thinks I am Paul." I said. They had concerned faces.