The Archaeological Site

DOUBLE UPDATION :)

Evelyn's POV

I never saw this coming.

“What the actual fuck?” Alex has said this over 5 times now.

“You got to be kidding me.” I literally shouted.

I feel like crying. I can’t believe what I am seeing. This wasn’t in the plan. All I am doing is staring at.... nothing.  NOTHING. There is no castle, NOTHING. Just barren sandy land.

“Are we at the wrong address?” I asked Alex.

“No, this is it. 100% sure.”

“Then there should be a castle in front of us right now.”

“Just for a moment, I felt like this was going to be it.” Alex’s voice was broken.

Alex is basically the person to look for when there is no hope. She has a way to find hope even at the worst situations. But, she herself is hopeless. I don’t know what else I have to do. I’ll just have to live the rest of my life in fear and by keeping secrets.

“This is not going to be easy, Alex”

“I thought we could find out something related to your nightmare. I really did.”

“It’s fine Alex. It could be a wrong address. We will find something. We always do.” I assured Alex

Alex and I decided to look around for anything that belonged to the castle. Well there was basically nothing to look for. Alex and I started to walk back towards the grassland when suddenly Alex tripped over. I immediately helped Alex stand up.

“Hey, are you hurt?” I asked her while dusting the grass off her back.

“Yeah, Just a slight slip. Didn’t watch where I was going.” Alex looked distracted.

“Are you okay? You don’t seem fine to me. Don’t let this fake address get into your head.” 

Alex was not paying attention to what I was saying. She was looking down at the place she fell. When I looked at what she was looking at, there was something on the sand. Alex and I took it out. It was a board. A sign board. It read ‘ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN THE VICINITY’ Alex had this smirk on her face.

“Eve, This is it. This is where the castle is or was according to this board.” Alex’s tone said me she was way too happy.

“See, I told you we will find something.”

“You doubted my GPS” Alex wiped out a fake tear, or a real one?

“So, the castle is here. Somewhere deep down. Then how many years old are those post cards?”

“Way, way too old.” Alex looked like she just got her life back.

“When will they start digging up the castle? Before that when was this board planted?”

We searched for some more information and found nothing. We made the board stand and went back to the car.

It felt better. There is some hope to find something about the nightmare. Alex drove back in silence. This nightmare could be stopped. I let out a huge sigh. I closed my eyes and let the sleep consume me. Alex woke me when we arrived at my house. We both were so exhausted. I just want to sleep now. I bid my goodbye and went into the house.

“Where were you all this time?” I heard my mother’s screeching voice.

“I was out with Alex. We just went to buy stuffs. I informed dad too. I am safe back home now.”