The Repercussion

Here is another chapter.., Just a heads up. It is going to be a bit of boring one. But none the less of cliffhangers. Hope you like it. I will updating another chapter pretty soon. Ignore the typos, errors.  Now go ahead.

Chapter 31 

ASHTON'S POV

All of our heads turned to her. "What is she doing here? Also how does she know this place?" I asked Harry who looked as baffled as all of us were.

"I swear, I didn't tell her." He said.

She approached our booth and took a seat near by and sat with us. She looked at all of us and her watch. I tried not to maintain eye contact as much as possible.

"How did you know I was here?" Harry asked Alex.

"There is this app called 'Find my friends' Harold.., that tells you where your friends sneak off in the mornings without your knowledge when there are many other pressing matters to attend to." Sarcasm was in every single word of hers.

"I called you and Max, neither of you picked up so I decided to see what you both were upto and found the secret council. Didn't occur that maybe I should join the council too?" She continued.., sarcastically.

"I thought Eve might need you after all she went through yesterday." Harry mumbled.

"What did I miss.." She asked us.., her eyes meeting mine for a second.

I was fully aware of Max, who was looking back and forth between me and Alex. I understand his confusion. I have never spoken to Alex about this. If Cole's and Evelyn's story itself isn't enough to make a person go crazy.., ours definitely would. I know if I acknowledge what I feel or had in the past, it would sabotage everything. After all she was the future queen. And having us both in the same room is unsettling.

"Nothing that you don't know." Max chimed in. "If we are done.., we should leave." He said and stood up followed by Harry. Alex had no other choice but to join them.

We all reached the parking lot while Cole was preparing the car, I gave my number to Max to contact me if in any case he gets a new lead. We all parted ways. It felt like hours but yet it was 11 am. This is going to be one long day. 

"Choose one." I pointed my index and middle finger at Cole. He had the 'for real?' look but still chose one. 

"Wait here." I got out of the car and went back in the diner and got some lunch. 

"Let's go to Stockport." I informed Cole.

EVELYN'S POV

I woke up in my bed with a massive headache.., my entire body was aching too. I looked for phone in the nightstand but it was no where to be found. I sat on my bed and yesterday's incidents came rushing. I tried to make sense of the memories. Harry knows everything. Luke and I had a fallout. And.., and the rest was a blur. I don't remember anything else. I ran out of the house, maybe. I don't remember returning back. I tried recalling but it was in vain.

I was in desperate need for aspirin but unlucky me that was not present in the room. That means I had to go down to the kitchen and get it from the cabinet. It's not that I am lazy or I was too hungover. Well I was too hungover but I couldn't face anyone else. I cannot see anyone or more importantly I don't want anyone else to see me. But as it's said, unlucky me.

I got off the bed and the room. I made sure no one was in the hallway and reached the end stairs. I looked over to Luke's room which was open. I went in and laid down on his bed. Screw the aspirin, I wish Luke was here and we could work all it through. My eyes were tearing up thinking about the incident.