The Worst Day

Hey I am back. Yeah I didn't update for two months. I am so sorry. I had projects, class tests and exams in the past two month. Right now it's 2am and I am in Dubai. Still I updated. And this is the longest chapter till date. I am sorry again. I will try to update the next chapter soon. And for any mistakes, I blame autocorrect.
Also please help me with the cast. Should it be Ian Harding or Ian Somerhalder playing as Cole?

Cole's POV

It was danger calling me. Well, not literal danger, but he is bad news. It is Jeffrey Thames. He is in fourth year archaeology. His father is the Commissioner of Police. And due to that reason he thinks he can do anything and no one is going to question him. He has been calling me all summer but I dodged it.

Why is he calling me? Oh well he wants me to grade him A in a project in which he did nothing. Who does he think I am? Again my bad. I am a professor in Archaeology at University of Manchester. I have been working there since I graduated.

My phone rang again, not caring to look at the caller ID, I cut the phone and kept it for charging in the living room.

I was in the middle of wearing my shirt in my room when I heard Nat asking me,

"What are you doing?"
"What does it look like I am doing? Wearing a shirt."
"I can see that. But NOT that lame shirt. Here I got a new one." She handed me a grey dress shirt and a black tie.

"Why are we dressing up?" I asked noticing her fancy dress.
"We are going to have lunch at a restaurant outside the city. With someone." She mumbled the last part.

"What?"
"We are going to have lunch."
"What did you say after that."
"Nothing."
"No, you said something."
"Will you just... get ready? We have to be there at 12" She said a bit annoyed. I love to annoy her.
"No... you said something." I tried to hide my smile.

"Oh my God... Will you just... You sneaky..." I didn't let her finish the sentence. I kissed her. She kissed me back immediately. It got heated. The next thing, we are on my bed.

"You should leave, Cole" She said. In her voice.
"What are you talking about?" I continued to kiss her.
"You should leave, Cole" She said again. The same voice.
I broke the kiss and found Evelyn in place of Natasha.
"Cole?" I heard Evelyn call me.

I got off her immediately. "Stop it. What are you doing?" My voice was a mixture of scream and whisper. I got out of the bed.
"COLE!!!" I heard Natasha's voice.

What is happening to me? She is playing games in my head.

"Cole? Are you fine? Why did you tell that?" Natasha asked me.
"Yeah. I am okay. Did I say something?" Gosh, now I can't even control what I say, let alone my mind.
She looked at me weirdly. "Are you really okay? You look disturbed."
"I am seriously fine. But ... Did you say something? Something about leaving?" I am so confused.
"Oh.... I guess your phone was ringing. I asked you to leave the room to check that. Why did you ask me to stop? Is everything alright? You are freaking me out."

I went closer and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Didn't you say we had to be there at 12? It is 10 already. That's why I said you to stop. Let me get dressed then we can leave."

"I forgot about that for a second there. Now off you go. Get ready." She ordered me. I kissed her one last time and went to get dressed.

We left the house half an hour later. Natasha insisted on being behind the wheel. We reached The Grenache Restaurant around 11.30. Since Natasha made reservations at 12, we decided to wait for a while in the car. We were talking random stuffs when one question popped my head.

"Why are we dressed up for Grenache?"
"You will see."
"You are not throwing any surprise party. Are you?"
"It's going to be a surprise. Let's get in. Its time."