The Elucidation

Chapter 37

Evelyn's POV

Did Cole just say that he likes me in a weird way? Or it's just a thing that means I am not creating problems in his life like his ex?

But then again, we would have kissed if not for Ashton, also..., relationships or whatever this thing is, isn't meant for us, especially after what we each of us went through.

"Coming in?" Harry's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I nodded and went into the living room to see the couch being empty. I turned towards the kitchen, where I heard indistinct whispers. It was Cole and Ashton, ofcourse discussing about the thing he witnessed earlier. I saw Cole's head facing down and Ashton's arm flying around.

I swiftly got back into my place between Harry and Alex. Both of them, wide awake. Having a look on their face whose emotions I am unable to decipher of.
Harry took his phone out and started texting. Both Alex's and mine pinged at the same time. It was a group chat.

"So kissing Cole now, are we?"

I kept a straight face even though a blush creeped up.

"What!?!?!?" Alex sent a text.

When I didn't reply to either one, Alex nudged me with her hand, which made me to turn towards her.

I still didn't look at her eyes though.

By this time Cole and Ashton also joined the living room. I don't want to be in the same room as Ashton and Cole at the same time.

I got up and left the living area and ran upstairs to my room. I took a seat on my bed not knowing what to do right now. Face Cole and this weird thing or Face Ashton or Face my friends.
My phone started ringing. It was Luke. Or Face Luke.

I slide it to answer.

"Hello" I heard his voice.
Which I know shouldn't affect me, but still did and a warm feeling spread through my heart. That feeling when you talk to a long lost friend.

"Hello? Can I speak with Evelyn?" I heard again.

"Hey, Luke." I answered.

"Hi.." he sighed. "It's finally you who answered. Not that you should answer after everything......" There was a long pause. I thought the call got disconnected.

I checked the screen, it was still on call. Should I say something? Or let him do the talking? Or cut the call?

"I am sorry for your loss, Evelyn. I know it's a sensitive topic to bring up that also by me. But I tried to visit you, Cole and Ashton didn't let me. Didn't know they both stayed over."

I know, I should reply but I am unable to. I chose to remain quite.

He continued. "I am moving out Evelyn. I know what I did was wrong and nothing can change it..."

"Then don't talk about it. As you said, nothing can change it. So it let be. Don't keep fondling it." I replied.

He didn't say anything for a while. "I will be moving out by tomorrow afternoon from the house. I just wanted to know how you were doing."

"You shouldn't move out. You should stay there. You also paid for it. What you did, let it go. Everyone make mistakes. I am not holding on to it. Learnt my lesson though. Just because of me and this issue, you don't have to leave. I heard what the others did. They are also mad at you, but that doesn't mean that they hate you...." Then I realised what Harry said and added. "Unless you have any other reason to."