The Party Planning

This chapter is NOT EDITED.

Evelyn's POV

"So what you want to do?" Luke asked me once they left.

I immediately pulled Luke into a long passionate hug. A lot has happened since this morning. I went through a lot of emotional changes within these 12 hours. I just want to continue hugging Luke. When I am with him, I forget everything.

"Something's up. Do you want to talk about it?" Luke asked while hugging me tighter.

He always know when something's wrong. And he always wants an answer. He will never let it go. I let go of him. I said what came to my mind at that second.

"I love you."

"I love you more than you know." He said while kissing me.

After few seconds, Luke asked, "Are you going to tell me about that hug?"

"Come in first." I led him to the living room.

Once he was comfortable on the couch, he asked again. What should I tell him? All the answer that pops up is lame.

"I had a nightmare which involved you." I know, it's lame but this was only thing that was most sensible among that.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. Just be by my side." I replied honestly.

"Did you see a lot of chick flick movies?" his tone was a bit serious.

"Very funny." I hit him on his shoulders.

"Are you okay, Eve?" He asked seriously

"Yes. More than okay." I replied honestly again.

"Have any ideas how to spend the night?" He asked

And that's when I remembered, I had to go to the hospital to get the vaccine.

"I have to go to the hospital, before you bombard me with questions. My ankle was cut with a nail. I didn't see where I was going and yes, there will be no next time. I will be more careful."

Luke suddenly burst out laughing instead of being very serious.

"No one knows me better than you."  Luke pulled my sweatpants up to check the cut.

"Looks bad. You should have gone earlier."

"I slept the rest of the day. Just give me 5 minutes. Let me change and then we will leave."

I went upstairs and changed into something decent. I took my purse and found Luke ready to leave.

"I hope you can walk till the street end. We will hire a taxi from there." Luke informed while switching off the lights.

"It's a cut. My ankle is not fractured. I can walk." I assured Luke.

I left a note informing my parents. We locked the house and started walking. It was still cold for June. Luke pulled me close to him. We started talking about something and ended up in Harry's birthday.

"I have something in my mind." Luke motioned me to continue. "Let's give him a surprise birthday party. He told me he hasn't planned anything other than hanging out with us. We will invite all the friends. It will be such a blast. What do you say?"

Luke smiled and replied "I was planning the same thing."

"We will ask the permission from Harry's parents to have it in his house. He would never expect that."

"We have to get the permission first." Luke said having his fingers crossed.

When we reached the hospital, Luke paid the taxi and we waited nearly half an hour just for the consultation with the doctor. I am pretty sure the receptionist has her eyes all over Luke. After consultation, as assumed the doctor suggested for the vaccine. While leaving the receptionist winked at Luke to which he didn't even pay attention.