the head is the key

part two~

-tubbo's pov-

i'm worried about tommy. yeah we're all struggling but he's been having this constant dream resulting in him waking up drenched in sweat. he told me about it about a week ago and it's worrying. i think i struggled the most in the first week or so but i kind of got used to it. ranboo has been doing the best, i would say. pulling us together when things got a little too much and being there for us as well as himself. but deep down inside i know he's hurting a lot. i mean, he's stuck in another country, away from his family, abandoned by everyone bar his two idiotic best friends. he's strong though, we all are.

-tommy's pov-

the cool morning breeze warms me up in a weird way as the sweat becomes no more. i hear a crash in the distance and quickly grab the binoculars that once belonged to my great grandad. i look around before seeing one. "fucking hell" he knocks over another bin as he tries to get back up. he looks terrifying. bleach white skin with his veins a dark shade of black that matches the goop dripping from his lips. his clothes were torn and ripped with stains of mud and blood smeared all over him. i can see the dark purple and green bruises on his arms and legs and multiple dark red bite and claw marks on his neck, chest, arms, everywhere. i hold back my sick as i gag at the sight. right then his head snaps in my direction and he starts limping over to the house. "oh shit" i jump back into the little hole in the roof and shake ranboo and tubbo awake. "one of the little shits is making its way over to us" ranboo throws the blanket off of him and grabs a baseball bat. i take the largest knife i could find as tubbo stays back.

"where is he??" ranboo looks at me. "he was by the shop" "fully turned??" i nod and he nods back. we both look out of the window to see him turn the corner and make his way to the front door. we quickly leave the house to face him and hold our weapons out. "remember-" ranboo starts "the head is the key" we both say in unison as the zombie launches for me. he goes to grab my shirt as i cut his hand off. ranboo comes up behind him and swings for his head. he falls to the floor with a loud thud and tries to get back up but before he could, i stabbed him in the eye. dead...again. we let out a breathe of relief and search the body for anything useful. we found a small locket containing a picture of him, a woman and a small child. i assume it's his family and feel some sympathy. i put it around his neck in respect and we carry the body into the woods where we leave it to decompose.

————————————————————————

art by @_minn__ on twitter