this isnt goodbye, its simply, see you later

part twelve~

-tubbo's POV-

i quickly get up and run over to michael. hundreds of zombies slowly trailed their way towards our cave. "we're fucked!!" i say, realising there's only one entrance and exit. i pick michael up and go back to ranboo and tommy as they throw their things back into bags and grab their weapons.

-tommy's POV-

"let's just give them what they want!!" i shout over the noise as the first zombie approaches. "and what exactly is that!?" ranboo shouts back as he kills the zombie. "michael!?" he turns in an angry matter and stomps towards me. "you really wanna sacrifice a toddler to save yourself!?" "well he's bitten and we don't even know hi-" "his name is michael, he has no parents as they were murdered in front of him, he loves to colour, he's shy at first but loves hugs, his favourite colours are yellow and pink and he loves bees." "where'd you get the bee part??" he points behind me as i see michael chasing after a bee. i sigh and drop my head to my feet. "fine, we won't sacrifice the child" "we weren't gonna sacrifice you!?" tubbo yells from i front of us. i give him a middle finger before helping him fight them off.

-ranboo's POV-

i had to sit down for a minute. i can feel myself getting weaker. my insides slowing down and starting to fail. michael stumbles towards me and falls on top of me, engulfing me in a hug. i hug back as small tears escape my eyes ever so slightly. he pulls back and points to himself, makes a heart then points at me. "i love you too" i copy his actions and hug him again as i think. "michael i need you to stay here for a minute ok??" he nods and i grab my weapon and walk towards tubbo and tommy. i help them kill a few zombies before telling them my plan. "i want you guys to run" "what!?" i look at tubbo. "tubbo you're gonna grab michael and tommy grab the wagon and go" they look at each other in confusion and sadness. "what does that mean for you??" tommy yells "it means i stay here, distract them. it's the best option" "NO THATS NOT HAPPENING!! WE'RE NOT LEAVING YOU RANBOO" tubbo shouts, his voice breaking and tears in his eyes. "please tubbo, don't fight back. i'm not gonna change my mind. just make sure michael gets treated and you all stay safe. please." he doesn't seem so sure. "listen i'm getting weaker and weaker by the minute and i'm already too far gone with the zombification" there's a pause as the zombies don't arrive yet. tubbo runs up to me and squeezes me tightly. he's normally not one for hugs "you're a dickhead but i love you" "i love you too. i just want you guys to be safe." i turn to tommy "i can't believe you're doing this. is this really the end of the benchtrio??" his words create more tears in my eyes. i just pull him into a hug. "this isn't goodbye, it's simply, see you later" he hugs back and we hear the zombies approaching. "that's my que" i say as i let go and clench my axe tighter. they leave my sight as they get their stuff. i distract the zombies as they slip past them and run. i smile weakly and sigh "well guys, guess it's just you and me now"

——————————————————————————
well damn. this one made my sad as i wrote it :,D
art by @zaiofender on twitter