𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟏𝟕

Slowly, and carefully...

I am learning to appreciate my own worth.

It may be hard, but...

I really hope that I can do it.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

HRC 17: A Beauty No One Can Understand

To think that training camp is ending later... Ha... I'll miss all of the teams so much... (Y/N) sighed in disappointment. She honestly got along with players from other teams, and especially the managers from Fukurodani. Although her interactions with the coaches were minimum due to how busy they were, she still appreciated their help and advices from time to time. She knows that she will see them again, but she doesn't know when she will. That's why she was sad.

Currently, she was unexpectedly inside a library in Kamomedai. She was studying volleyball once again. (Y/N) realized that she hasn't been helping that much in the team, so she decided to study these past days without anyone knowing. That's why she disappears from time to time which somehow scares her friends and acquaintances. She randomly took another book and placed it on the side of the table.

Strategies for volleyball... What a stereotypical name for a book... No offense. (Y/N) sweatdropped. She was surprised to see tons of information once she opened it though. Whoa...! Her eyes shone in excitement. "If an opponent has a good cross, you must block the cross and forcefully make the hitter spike a straight... Once that happens, you must make anyone receive it," she read.

"That makes sense..." (Y/N) nodded to herself. I have seen Bokuto-san do a lot of cross shots in matches, and whenever Kamomedai is the one blocking him, they would always have their blockers jump at the side instead of in front of him... That's clever... she noted and continued to read. "Another here says that you do not have to be tense when receiving a spike. To avoid tensing, you can split your feet apart and wait for the ball to come to your arms."

Split your feet apart? A split step? Just like in martial arts when you prepare yourself once a match starts? She wondered and recalled some extremely skilled liberos like Akagi and Komori do it. "Oh...! So, that's why Akagi-senpai and Komori-san are so good at receiving! If I have free time, I should ask them to teach me how to receive!" She told herself.

[A/N: Akagi is actually a very skilled libero. Like superrr skilled. If you read the Karasuno vs. Inarizaki in the manga, you'll see that guy receive so many balls that one can't normally save. He even used his foot from the end of the court (I believe it's in chapter 282? I'm not sure). Heck, that's almost impossible. It's sad that his skills weren't mentioned by other characters and showcased in the anime. Anyways, let's start to appreciate him and get back to the story!]