𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟐𝟑

Slowly, and carefully...

I am learning to appreciate my own worth.

It may be hard, but...

I really hope that I can do it.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

HRC 23: InaFest

"Nee-san, what is this...?" inquired Kalyb as he stared at the stuff toy in his hands.

"A gift from me and my friends! We went to the arcade earlier to take a break before the Inarizaki festival starts. We won that together," (Y/N) answered him, a warm grin plastered on her face. Kalyb's blue eyes brightened at the way she spoke. She was finally looking at him in the eye now! Few months earlier, she refused to meet his gaze and she seemed like she didn't want to speak to him. But now? She was speaking to him! And properly on that! He felt so glad! (Y/N) noticed his silence and knelt in front of him. "Are you alright?"

The young boy blushed and shook his head. "I-I am, Nee-san. Sorry for making you worry. I was just surprised at how much you changed at the span of weeks..." He muttered the last sentence, but with his cousin's sharp ears, she easily heard it.

(Y/N) laughed and ruffled his hair, not noticing the gape that her brother was sending her. She embraced him. "Haha! That's true. A lot of people has been telling me that I've changed! I guess you can say that I have gained a little confidence towards myself, you know? Oh! Sorry for rambling, Kalyb, I might have bothered you with it..." She sheepishly chuckled, scratching the back of her nape.

"No! Don't apologize, Nee-san! It's totally fine! I like listening to it, so don't worry!" Kalyb assured her. (Y/N) beamed at his statement and thanked him. The child looked down at the ground, genuinely happy at the attention that the older girl was giving him. "Nee-san, I..." (Y/N) hummed, urging for him to continue. She was dumbfounded when Kalyb gripped her hands. "...I want to be your brother! Like your real brother!" He exclaimed.

(Y/N) was stunned.

"Eh...?"

"(Y/N)-nee-san, you're really caring and nice, I honestly... wouldn't mind if you became my big sister. I know we're cousins, but you totally look like Otou-san! Your figure, your personality and your hair... You two look more alike than me!" (Y/N) stilled in surprise. "It just doesn't make sense how we're not siblings. I... don't believe Kaa-san saying that you're just living here because you don't have a home. I don't really know about this feeling of mine, but I think you really are my big sister!" Kalyb told her, desperation in his tone.