𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟐𝟓

Slowly, and carefully...

I am learning to appreciate my own worth.

It may be hard, but...

I really hope that I can do it.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

HRC 25: Hatred

"It's you again!"

Atsumu growled along with Osamu and Suna. Semi, Tendou, Goshiki, Shirabu, Sakusa and Komori were startled at their reactions. Who was this person to make them like this? Especially, they rigidly stood as they glanced at Ushijima who was slowly approaching the person.

Step. Step. Step. 

Each step that Ushijima took increased the suffocating tension in the air.

Olive green eyes were filled with unmeasurable rage. Rage that wasn't usually present on his indifferent gaze. Rage that made everyone freeze and stand down. With his rough and calloused hand lifting slowly, Ushijima reached out to the unfazed Kiyotsune's face. Itching to crush and destroy. Itching to erase an existence.

But, before he could do anything, someone gripped his wrist. So tightly on that. So tight that the male spared a glance to the source. A raven-haired male that looked strikingly similar to the man he most hated in the world.

"Let go of me..."

His voice was dripping with so much... venom that it made the latter take a step back. Ushijima glanced at the ravenette, eyes pleading yet resenting. "...Sakusa."

Sakusa tightened the grip on Ushijima's wrist. "I... don't know what you're planning to do, but..." The fellow top-three ace spiker did not hesitate to return the chilling glare that his senior was giving him. "That's my brother over there, Wakatoshi-kun."

Even though he looked composed on the outside, he was just suppressing the nervousness and slight fear that was welling up on the man's gaze. It looked like... Ushijima wanted to kill. Such bloodlust... Why the hell does he look like that? "I may respect you a lot, but I'm not the type to stand idly when my relatives are about to get hurt, you know?"

Komori ran over to Ushijima and held his hands protectively in front of his older cousin. "He's right, Ushijima-san! I'm not aware of your connections, but Kiyo-nii-san is a good person, he has always taken care of the two of—"

"—A good person?" Ushijima echoed, tone shaking slightly. "'A good person', you say...?!" This man rarely—no, he never raised his voice, so the fact that he was doing it... sent the rest of the volleyball players goosebumps.