Chapter 4

W I N T E R

It's another day of our casual hangout in the old music room and I could say that we've gotten close since we talk almost anything during our free time and I'm glad that she's comfortable being around me without a doubt being one of her admirers. Which I secretly am. But lowkey.

"She's one lucky girl," Karina mumbles as we sat on the floor with our backs leaning on the wall. She asked me about the girl I like and I told her how she keeps inspiring me to write songs.

"I don't know," I shrug, smiling as I thought about the girl beside me. "If anything, I'm lucky."

"Love hits you when you least expect it. It comes in a moment when you're not looking or ready for it." I say and I look at Karina who seems to be in deep thought.

"It starts innocently enough..." She says and I kept myself silent as she lets out what she's been feeling. "A smile here, a smile there, and casual touch. Love can make you feel sorts of things, it disillusions you to believe you have with them is real. One moment in time can change everything, just a little look of the eyes can make you feel a thousand things."

I leaned my head on the wall, thinking about how she was able to say these kinds of things.

"The sweet words that are said that give you a feeling of bliss, soon turn to sweet lies that make you feel as if you don't exist. Falling in love is easy, the happy moments are spent daydreaming of the possibilities. But the moment those feelings burn to the ground, you finally realize it wasn't worth all the pain you've been feeling after a while inside. Just like falling in love, it hits you hard when the person you love falls out of love. Your world comes crashing down around you."

That concludes it, she must have experienced this from a past relationship which made her build up her walls.

Instantly, I got up and extended my arm for her to grab, frightening Karina at my sudden action. I gave her a smile making her even more confused.

"What are you doing?" She asks yet her hand was slowly reaching for mine.

"Let me take you out somewhere," I say and she raises a brow. From the facial expression alone I knew I'd be a stuttering mess but I didn't know where the sudden confidence came from and I didn't care at the moment. "Let's go out and have fun. Trust me, it'll be worth it."

"But what about classes?"

"Come on, you're the top student in the business department. It wouldn't hurt to skip a few classes." I grin when she finally grabs hold of my hand and I led ourselves out.

~~~

"Woa- wait!" Karina stops making me stop as well because I was holding her hand ever since we got out of the car and I dragged our way to the amusement park.

"I-I don't think I'm dressed well to be there," She shyly says and I back away a few steps from her as I look at her from head to foot which unknowingly made her blush at my action.

"Have you ever seen yourself, Miss?" She blushes even further as I stare at her. "You look beautiful and amazing every day no matter what you wear so let's go!" I excitingly said and grabbed her hand.

~~~

Upon taking her inside, we headed off to the art museum first. We were walking around, taking turns taking pictures yet it was mostly me taking a picture of Karina. The museum was filled with different types of art along with sculptures, history, etc.

"Win, look," She calls and I turn to see her standing beside a painting of a boy being lifted by balloons. What makes it funnier is she reaches her hand to where the boy was holding the balloons as well.