Chapter 6

W I N T E R

"Aeri, I don't know anymore," I groan as I smack my head on the table. I have been telling Aeri that has been happening between us. The hangouts in the old music room, to the places I've taken her, and I did not leave a single detail that felt like worth explaining about Karina.

"Minjeong-ah, you're in love." She simply says making me scowl at her.

"No, I'm not," I say, covering my face with my hands.

I can feel Aeri rolling her eyes. "Why are you even denying it?"

"beusshwntevrlkme," I say through a muffled voice.

"Win, I need you to take your hands off your face and talk to me clearly before I smack it out of you." She says and I sigh at her threat but followed anyways. We wouldn't want her beating me up.

"Because she won't ever like a person like me," I groan and went back to covering my face with my hands.

"You don't know that, not unless you try,"

"It's harder than you think,"

"It's never easy. But take this as an advantage, you're already lucky enough to be spending your free time with each other. You took her out twice! That rarely happens, especially that she's Yoo Jimin,"

I exhale, I should be lucky to be spending this amount of time with her. I have to make the most of it because I'll never know what happens next.

"But what if she isn't ready yet?"

"That's another possibility that you have to accept. You have to be prepared for whatever she says, the important thing is that you've tried. It gets harder if you keep looking back with the what-ifs. What if I told her? What if I tried? What if she likes me too? Take your time, you don't need to rush it."

"I won't," I heave a sigh. "I can't believe we're having these kinds of conversations Aeri," I groan but was glad to let out a weight. It was rare for me and Aeri to have situations like these because I never tried to actually want someone. It was always me listening to Aeri's struggles and thoughts when she dates.

"Thanks, Aeri,"

"You're always welcome Win," She hugs me. "I want you to be happy,"

~~~

NingNing

Something is weird about Karina and I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices this. But weird in a good way. She seems to be glowing or radiating a certain kind of aura. Yeji and Chaeryong noticed it too, we decided to shrug it off for a few days but it has been going on for weeks. My best friend is happier and whoever this person she's been meeting in the old music room managed to brighten her days in which I am thankful for. Of course, Karina told us but wouldn't tell us her name which is frustrating. It's not every day you get to see her looking so vibrant and we'd want to know who this person is.

"I swear to God you better tell us who she is," Yeji groans when we gathered together and Karina was smiling as usual. A very rare sight.

"You keep asking her when we could have just waited for the girl in the music room and see her ourselves," Chaeryong slips in, making Yuna smack herself for not thinking about it.

"Guys please, I'll introduce her to you soon," Karina says making us look at her with smirks plastered on our faces. It's not every day you get to see her introducing us to someone new.

"Anyways, I'll be heading to class," Karina waves before leaving us.

"Anyone wanna bet that she'll fall in love with music girl?" Yeji mischievously smirks. No matter what we'd do to get Karina to blurt out that girl's name, she wouldn't dare so and we decided to call the unknown person music girl.