Chapter 10

"University days are coming," Ning sits down and takes out her lunch followed by Jimin and the others.

"Did any of you join something?" Aeri asks.

"As far as I know, Minjeong has a singing event, Jimin has dancing together with Yeji, Chaeryeong, Ryujin, the boys will be having sports," Ning explains and turns to the remaining people not mentioned. Ever since Minjeong spent the time together with Jimin's friends, she too introduced her friends to Jimin's and both groups clicked within a second. Now they hang out during lunch.

"Going to be stuck with council duties I guess," Lia answers, she was assigned this school year as the council's secretary.

"Ning and I will probably just roam around," Yuna shrugs, both didn't bother joining the upcoming events prepared for university days saying it was tiring.

"I heard that a new student is coming this week, majoring in business," Lia announces causing business majors to turn their heads.

"This late?"

"Will this person ever survive catching up on those traumatizing topics and homework?" Yuna exclaims in horror.

"Do you know who?" asks Jimin.

"Nope, the president says that the person came from the states, that's all the info we have."

M I N J E O N G

Classes ended and I offered to take Jimin home. As we walked out of the business department building, I see Jimin immediately stop in her tracks, eyes wide.

"Jimin," A deep voice calls, and I turn to where she is looking. A tall man with doe-like eyes. Dimples showing even with that small smile plastered on his face.

"Soobin," Jimin calls back, voice strained. I furrow my eyebrows, who was this person? I look back at Jimin and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I don't know if she notices, but I can see her eyes were full of sadness. Her eyes were glistening as if at any moment now she was going to cry.

"I miss you" The man, Soobin, says opening his arms as he takes a step forward, wanting to hug her.

"Don't," Jimin orders making Soobin stop, confusion was written all over his face at Jimin's change of mood.

"Bu-"

"Get away from me!" She yells a little bit louder. Her expression hardens as her eyes cloud with anger.

"Jimin, hear me o-"

"Let's go," Jimin cuts him off, turning her back from him. I turn back at Soobin and see him watching us leave still frozen from his place.

We arrived at the parking lot and got in the car. I started but didn't drive off to her house just yet given the turn of events. A million thoughts are running through my head. Who was that guy? What's his connection with Jimin?

I slowly turn to the side and checked how she was doing. I noticed that she was trembling, hands on her lap.

"Are you okay?" I ask but she doesn't reply. I was about to pull out my phone and text Ningning when tears started rolling down her face. I quickly got out of the car and went to her side.

I crouched down, wiping away the tears with my thumb. "Don't cry, love."

Jimin hugs me back. My breath hitches. I feel her body vibrate with every sob. My arms then started caressing her back, drawing patterns as I calm her down. "Shh, I'm here, it's fine." I run my hand through her hair, whispering soothing words to her as she cried silently.

We stayed like that until she finally calmed down. She pulls away from the hug. "Let's go home."

My heart swelled when she said that. I gave her a nod, letting her sit properly before closing her side of the door. Whenever Jimin says that she meant that she'll be staying at my place for the night. But when she says, take me home, it meant that I must take her to their house.

For the rest of the night when we got home. I sat on the edge of the bed and stayed until she fell asleep. I was about to go outside after letting her borrow my clothes when she told me with her soft voice to stay in the meantime.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." She says, before finally closing her eyes. I tuck away strands of her hair away from her beautiful face.

"Sleep well, Yooji," I say before finally retreating to the couch.

---

A week passed since we met the handsome guy named Soobin. The image of Jimin crying still wouldn't leave my mind. The day following the incident, she wasn't talking to anyone making Ning look at me with those curious eyes.

"Alright, it's been a week. What happened?" Ning grabbed me by the arm before I could get into the building.

"Not here, let's talk by the garden," Aeri interrupts before leading us there.

"Where is Karina?" Ryujin asks, noticing that she was the only one missing from her group.

"She's still on her way," Yeji answers.

Ning looks at me, "What happened last week Win?"

I look around and saw everyone's curious eyes waiting for my answer. I sigh, "We met a guy named Soobin, in the business department's main lobby. I was going to take her home, as usual. But then he was there. He was about to get closer until Jimin told him not to get any closer with the sudden coldness in her voice. We left him there standing and she started crying when we got to my car."

"If you don't mind us asking, but who is Soobin?"

"I'm having a bad feeling about this, it seems like he's the new student the president was talking about," Lia says earning a change of demeanor from Jimin's friends.

"Winter," Ning calls, making me look at her.

"Soobin is Jimin's, first love."

=====

rawr