Chapter 16

Winter smiles widely when Karina and her made eye contact. Karina always loves that smile. That kind of smile that will make you smile back. But that smile soon faded when Winter left the stage and Karina came to a  realization that the song Winter sang was about her. As much as she wants to deny it, she knew well enough how the lyrics seem to fit their situation. 

Memories soon came flashing down her mind as she recalls what they used to do together. 

I wanna tell you how beautiful you are from where I'm standing

"Have you ever seen yourself, Miss?" Winter defends. "You look beautiful and amazing every day no matter what you wear so let's go!" She excitingly said and grabbed Karina's hand as they enter the amusement park.

"Miss Beautiful, I hope you'll accept my peace offering?" Winter says as she hands Karina a cute teddy bear. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Karina asks, feeling shy when Winter stares at her. 

"You should smile more, it suits you," 

"Thank you for tonight Win-ah,"

"Anything for you beautiful,"

Can't get my mouth to say the words they wanna say to you

"Maybe someday, I'll tell her, someday, I'll tell her that she's been the story behind every song I've written."

Girl, you're amazing just the way you are the way you are

"You don't always have to be tough. Hear me when I say, you're enough." 

Wanted to be near you

"Don't cry, love."

 "Shh, I'm here, it's fine."

You are so beautiful, I pray that my heart will reach you

"Have I told ever told you how lucky I am to have met a person like you?" 

"I hope you know how I love you for being you." 

But somebody owns you now

"The song Winter sang during university days was for me right?" Karina asks the group and slowly looks at them who were giving her an expression she couldn't explain. Was it guilt? pain? She didn't know.