Chapter 15

K A R I N A

Minjeong is avoiding me. How can I tell? First, she stopped going to the music room where we used to meet up. There were times when I got the time for myself when Soobin is still having his class. I wanted to talk to her about what happened that day during University days.

Second, she rarely hangs out with us anymore. There were times when I'd meet with Aeri and her friends, but she isn't with them. I tried asking but they wouldn't tell me and that they didn't know where she was.

Lastly, it's one of what I hate the most. She doesn't meet my eyes. Despite not seeing her most of the time, it was a miracle to meet her along with her friends, but she barely talks and ends our conversations with her short replies. One thing I liked about her was her eyes, why? Because her eyes never lie. She was always sincere. And I had no idea what happened to make her this different from the Minjeong I was with. I wanted to talk to her alone, but whenever I get the chance Soobin manages to be there leaving me with no choice.

But maybe tonight I'll get the chance to talk to her. She invited her friends and my friends to watch her performance tonight at the café she once took me. I was kind of disappointed that she invited the girls and not me, Ningning was quick to defend her that she didn't want to disturb my time with Soobin. Why would she think that way?

Minjeong has sung three songs and we were down to the last two songs. She really knows how to express the meaning of the song and we were amazed at her. "The song I'm about to sing for you guys is one of my originals," The crowd goes wild at her. Hyeri unnie told us that her singers have gotten themselves some fans because not only were Chaeyoung unnie and Minjeong good singers, but they would also sing their original songs.

"It's called 241, 2 means two persons, 4 for love because it has 4 letters and 1 for one person. Two persons love one person." The crowd began to give sad reactions and claps for the unique title and meaning. "You'll get to understand more once you'll hear the lyrics. So, let's start, shall we?" She smiles making the crowd respond with her. Everyone remained silent when the piano started to play.

Title: 241

Written by: KMJ

I wanna live forever

Inside the nights and days

Wishing on a silver cloud

Crawling across the moonbeams

A summer night in heaven

Between the stars and waves

Race across the old bonfire

Trample on my heartbeat

I wanted to turn you on

My favorite song

Wanted to be near you

But somebody owns you now

I love you with the fire

Ablaze till times end

But what good is a heart 

When t shudders to speak