Chapter 11

W I N T E R

Choi Soobin, the new student in the business department, happens to be Karina's only ex. Jay told us that Choi went into training in the states because he will soon take over his father's company. Ever since that day we ran across him, I haven't seen Karina. Let alone getting a chance to talk to her. She isn't there with her friends whenever we hang out during our free time. Ning told us that Karina was busy doing department head duties now that university days were coming. I hope she comes back to her friends soon. Now that Soobin's in the picture, he better not do anything that will hurt her. 

"Winter? What are you doing here?" I turn to the voice and see Ning giving me a small smile. I'm in the garden, sitting on the bench, thinking about things.

"Nothing much." I shrug, not sure what to tell her. 

She takes a seat beside me. "Ning, can I ask you a question?" 

She turns her head towards me. "Yes, of course." She replied. 

"Her relationship with Soobin..." I start, nervous all of a sudden. "Were they happy?" Ning looked ahead, sighing. 

"Honestly, I don't know." She says, looking up at the sky. "Yes and no, I guess."

"Go on..."

"They split up a lot," She prompted. 

"What made them get back together?"

"Jimin's in her twenties, and she's been together with Soobin along with us since childhood. Everyone during family gatherings assumes that they would end up getting married." Ning faintly smiles. "Soobin is a great guy. I'll give him that. But there are so many things we can't stand about him as well."

"The thing is, there's so much pressure on them." Ning continues. "Families, and business partners from their parents... Every time they break up, they're just trying to push them back together. Jimin unnie once told me that it's not even like she wanted to, at least most of the time."

"But she'd like to feel it was her decision," I finished softly. 

Ning smiled at me. "Exactly," She agreed. "You're very understanding." She murmurs. "It's nice."

I softly chuckle at her comment. I took out my phone and decided to leave Karina a message.

Yooji 

Take your time. We'll wait for you.

A few minutes later I was surprised to see that she replied. 

Why?

Because that's what people do when they care. 

They wait.

I sigh when she didn't reply to my recent messages. At least she knows that we're here for her. 

"About your coming event," Aeri sat beside me when we got inside the room for our class. 

"What about it?" I sigh. 

She shrugs, "Will it be about her? She'll be watching right?" 

"When was it never about her?" I dryly chuckled. 

"Will you confess after that?" 

I snapped my head towards Aeri if she was serious with what she said.