Chapter 20

M I N J E O N G

These past few weeks have been surreal because Jimin was by my side. From the early mornings in the old music room before classes started until the afternoon to say our goodbyes to each other. The more I was with her, the more my feelings grew. But deep inside, I knew I had to be careful because I didn't know where I stood in Jimin's life. 

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I smile as her driver arrives.

Instead of saying goodbye, she grabs my hand and leads us toward the car. "What are you doing?" 

"My parents are on a business trip, and I want you to come with me." She smiles. "Please?" 

I stared at her driver, who stood there, waiting for Jimin to get in with the door open. He looked at me with a comforting smile, making me sigh in relief that I may not be in trouble because I was nowhere near being like Ningning and her friends. Without any choice, I nodded and let her take me away. 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, eyes full of expectation, but she just shook her head. 

"You'll have to wait and see,"

I rolled my eyes but didn't leave out a giggle. As Jimin's driver started to drive, my eyes stayed on her as I curiously tried to figure out where we were heading. I widened my eyes in awe when I noticed we were entering a vast gate that led to a mansion. My eyebrows furrowed when the car went offroad. The driver didn't take us to the front of the estate but to an open field.

We both got out of the car. It was dark, but the moon shined bright enough for us to see each other. The driver got out of the car and bowed to Jimin before leaving. I walked towards Jimin with a confused yet amused expression. She then points at the sky. I looked up and gasped at how beautiful the stars looked tonight.  

I'd stargaze whenever my thoughts were too messed up and packed. But no matter how often I have stargazed, it wasn't as perfect and beautiful as being on an open field. I could just lay here, admiring the skies of the quiet night. A million- or could be a billion shining stars framed the night sky that felt like you were floating, dreaming even. I snapped out of it when I felt Jimin's hand intertwine with mine and squeeze for me to get my attention. 

"Did you invite me to watch the stars?" I couldn't help but ask. 

Jimin shyly nods. "I'm sorry if it may seem like a boring thing to do because you'd done it already with me-"

I can feel my heart warming up in my chest. I'd always thought I couldn't fall deeper in love with her, but she proved me wrong. Not willing to admit it, though, I hugged her. 

"W-Win?" She stutters. 

"It doesn't matter what we do. Being with you makes it better," 

We both lay down on the grass and admired the sky. We talked about the night when the two of us did something similar to this. But this time, we grew a lot more comfortable with each other. The topic leads to a round of random subjects, and I can't help but smile,  happy that Jimin was sharing her stories with me. 

Eventually, we both fall into a comfortable silence that lasts for a while before I break it again. 

"I like you being with me,"

She hums, "Why?"

"Because you're you. You don't always have to act all strong with me, and you don't have to pretend. I love how happy you are whenever I take you out. Your eyes are shining bright." 

"Wow, I-I wasn't expecting that," Jimin answers cautiously. I've never talked about her like this, not comfortable as what I'm doing now. After a while, I turn to face her. 

"But I gotta say, they shine brighter today." 

"Maybe because I'm looking at you." 

Jimin's words whisper as her gaze shifts to my lips. I put my hand on her neck and leaned in to kiss her. Jimin moves her hand to my waist, holding my shirt. It didn't take long for Jimin's grip to tighten as she pulled me on top of her. I place my hand on the side of her body. I shivered when our tongues touched, my fingers caressing her skin. 

When we pull away, we stare at each for a moment as we catch our breath. I rest my forehead on hers. True enough, I liked you first. These feelings, perhaps, are cursed. However, even in your worst, I'd still want to be yours. I can feel myself returning to the same spot, yours, in everything but the title. Yet I can't stop myself from hoping and dreaming and praying that you might be mine, too, this time. 

Can't we stay like this forever?

=====

They finally kissed! 

Belated Merry Christmas and New Year! Please bear with me because the writer's block has been pretty bad these past few months since the last update. I already have an idea of the following chapters; I just need to piece them together. Thank you so much for waiting. Know that I appreciate you for loving this story. We're almost there!