Chapter 19

M I N J E O N G

I think I haven't woken up yet, and I am still dreaming. Why? Because I woke up with my arms wrapped around Jimin's. What happened last night? I remember helping her get to bed, but she didn't want me to leave yet, so I stayed by her side. I guess I fell asleep, and now we got ourselves entangled.

Jimin's still sleeping, so I didn't have the heart to move away because she might wake up. I let out a breath when she snuggled further to my neck, her arms wrapping around my waist.

Jimin, what are you doing to me?

All I could do was stare at her face. I slowly reached my hand to caress her cheek.

You're so beautiful, my love.

I smiled as I pulled Jimin closer and decided to go back to sleep. Now you might wonder why I questioned why I was still dreaming. Because the next hour, I woke up with Jimin preparing breakfast. She had a big smile when she turned her back and saw me standing there, processing the scene in front of me.

"Good morning, have a seat while I finish this up." She says before turning her attention back to the food. She cooks!? I swallowed a lump when I continued to stare at her back.

You feel the scene where she started her morning waking up beside you, cooking breakfast, and wearing your clothes. She had her hair in a messy bun.

"Minjeong?" I snapped back to reality and found her looking at me. I feel my cheeks burning; don't you think it's too early to have this feeling? Or am I losing my mind?

"Are you okay?" She asks again. It looks like she finished cooking when she walks near me. My breath shortened when she started to look at me like that again.

The stare where you feel like you're the only important person at the moment.

"Did you sleep well?" The concern is written all over Jimin's face. I mean, who wouldn't sleep well when you slept beside you?

"I'm sorry for asking you to stay. I should-"

"Jimin, c-calm down. I slept well, okay. I'm just too stunned at what I'm seeing right now," I admit, and she replies with a smile.

Something was different today. I catch Jimin smiling freely as if the problems around her are gone for now.

I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm-.

"Min?" I look at those beautiful eyes. 

I AM NOT DREAMING.

~~~

"You prepared all of this?" I was surprised by the amount of food she cooked when it was just us. She hums in reply as we both set up the plates on the table.

"You can pass as anyone's wife material." I complimented when I tasted the food.

"Do I pass as your wife?" I choked, and Jimin immediately passed me the water like she expected it to happen.

"I'm sorry?" I said in between coughs.

"I said, do you think so?" I think I'm losing my mind. Did I imagine her saying that? Get through your head, Winter!

"Y-Yeah,"

~~~

Who would have thought I'd be struggling to write a song? I've been staring at my empty sheet of paper while everyone around did their business.

"Am I seeing this right? Kim Minjeong? is struggling to write." Ryujin snickers at me.

I thought about writing my final song before we graduate, which is still far away, but I wanted to get things done. The great thing about it is that you are free to choose the theme and genre, yet I was struggling to write a single line.

I sighed when the class ended and left with no progress. When we got out, we saw Karina and her friends waiting outside, which was a surprise for all of us since we usually meet up in the cafeteria.

"Hey, Winter," I turned around, and it was Somi, a classmate.

"Here are the songs that we have written before. I also included some of my sisters to help you " I smiled at Somi as she handed out papers with the songs I requested from her.

Somi and I were partners in every group and duet activity the previous years. She's fun to be with, and I was surprised her sister was the famous singer Nayeon.

"I hope you know that struggling to write a song is normal for us. Just let your old partner know if you need anything."

"Thank you, Somi-ah."

"So, wanna grab lunch together? We have a lot to catch up and why are you struggling to write your songs these days?"

"That would b-"

"Minjeong-ah," I felt my ear burning.

"Hello to you, Karina-shi," I see Karina smiling at Somi when she greets her. What surprised me was when Karina held my hand.

"I'm sorry, Somi-ah. But she'll be having lunch with me,"

"That's fine, so Winter. I'll see you around?"

I nodded. "I'll make it up to you soon,"

"Will hold on to that," Somi smiles at us before leaving.

Karina told me the others went first to find us a seat in the cafeteria. She leads the way, not breaking away her hold on my hand. I began to get confused when we passed by our destination.

"Karina? Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you out."

I widen my eyes. "Ryujin told me that you were struggling writing a song lately,"

"S-She did?" I'll have to remind myself to smack Ryujin on the head when I see her.

"Let me treat you this time, somewhere to clear off whatever is on your mind."

"But what about classes?"

"Come on. You're an outstanding student in the music department, the best they say. It wouldn't hurt to skip a few classes." My heart stammered when she said those familiar lines.

Did she just.

Yoo Jimin, what on earth are you doing to me?

=====

I hope you enjoy this update!