Chapter 17

K A R I N A

Two days. it has been two days since Aeri told me to give Minjeong some space. I hate this feeling but I was beginning to get worried. Two days is far too long, and today's weather is not looking good. I needed to find Aeri. 

The moment I saw Aeri, she looked at me as if she knew what I would ask her for. "I'm worried about her as well... I don't trust Minjeong, especially with the weather today... She told me she's in the park." She says giving me a warm smile. 

"Thank you so much Aeri-ah," I say before running outside the university, hailing a taxi. 

It started to rain when I arrived. At a place like this, where would she be? I started searching on the playground and went along the path wherever this park takes. The rain poured harder but that didn't stop me from finding her. I needed to know if she was okay. Not for long, I see a gazebo. When I got nearer I see a figure sitting on the ground, hugging her knees, face buried. 

"Minjeong!" I called and thankfully It was her when she raised her head to see who have called her unexpectedly. Minjeong squints her eyes, trying to believe that I was there. 

"Karina?" She immediately gets up when I got inside the Gazebo, covering me from the heavy rain. "What are you doing here?" She asks, face full of worry at my form right now. 

She takes off her jacket and puts it over me. "I came to look for you," 

"Why? How did you know I was here?" She asks but soon realizes that the only person who knew where she was was Aeri. "Your clothes are drenched." She says, scanning me from head to toe.

"My car is parked not far from the Gazebo, will it be alright for you to run?" She asks me, extending her hand for me to hold. 

"B-"

"I don't want you getting sick Karina, I don't think the rain will stop anytime soon." I held her hand and we counted one to three before running our way to where Minjeong parked her car. 

When we got inside, I began to shiver because of the temperature in the car. Minjeong notices this and immediately turns off the aircon. She then stretches her other hand on the back seat handing me another jacket. 

"What about you?" I shiver. 

"I'll be fine. What matters here is you. You were out in the rain longer than me." She explains and I didn't ask any more questions. 

"Would it be alright if I take you to my house? I don't think I'd take you to your home in that state." She asks and I nodded. I've been waiting to have a conversation with Minjeong and this is the chance before things get complicated. 

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you looking for me?"

"I was supposed to talk to you two days ago when Aeri told me what you were going through. I got worried when it started to get cloudy. I wanted to know if you were okay." I softly explained, looking down at my lap.