Chapter 9

K A R I N A

"Min, are you alright?" I ask the nervous Minjeong sitting beside me. We were in a café to meet up with my friends. It's about time I introduce them to each other. Ningning didn't hesitate and agreed right away when I called them the other day.

She gulps, playing with her hands. "I'm trying to be," She softly chuckles.

I reached my hand to her trembling ones. She looks at me at the sudden gesture, eyes waiting for my words. "You'll do fine, just be yourself," I say and that seems to help her a little. She looks so cute right now, I remember when I told her that she should meet my friends she started rumbling and asking if they will like her. She's like a nervous girlfriend doubting if she'll look good when meeting the parents.

"I don't even know why this is making me so nervous,"

"If it makes you feel better, they love you already for making me happy these days," I say, and her cheeks heat up at the revelation. I sat there amused and couldn't help but want to squish her those fluffy cheeks.

"You sure it's me? You could be hanging out with other people aside from me," I sigh at the way she overthinks. Just when there is a good reason to like her, she thinks of an excuse beyond my expectations.

"Min, you are only the person I hang out with aside from my friends."

"I'm sorry for thinking that way,"

"It's fine, trust me, okay?" I say and squeeze my hand that was holding with hers. Minjeong looks so innocent and small, I hope Ningning won't scare her off. That urge to be protective of her when she's away from her friends. I'm curious, does she talk about me to her friends like I talk about her with my friends?

"Unnie!" On cue, a familiar voice calls out and both of us turn to see Ningning and Yuna running towards us with Yeji and Chaeryeong.

Before I could say something, both hover over Minjeong like she's a celebrity. I widen my eyes in horror when I see Ningning pinching her cheeks like aunties do when they see a baby.

"It's you!" 

Yeji and Chaeryeong rush over us and help me stop the two from hovering over Minjeong.

"Are you alright?" I ask when the two were pushed back.

"It's fine," She palms her reddening cheeks. She laughs it off and I sigh.

All of us sat down, Minjeong sitting between me and Yeji while the three takes the other side. The two wouldn't stop gushing over Minjeong who could only stare at me sometimes like she needs help in case these two bites her off.

Ningning fixes herself before extending her hand. "I'm Ning Yizhuo, you can call me Ningning," giving Minjeong her brightest smile.

"I'm Shin Yuna!" She interrupts making Ningning groan resulting in another childish argument.

"Wi-"

"We know who you are," Yuna beams, stars evident in her eyes.

Minjeong raises a brow, "You do?" She asks, amused.

Ningning and Yuna nods their heads. "Do you know how lucky Jimin-unnie is with you?"

Minjeong turns to me, but I was just as clueless as her, so I gave her a shrug. "How do you know her?" I ask.

"Do you not know who Winter Kim is!?" They gasp.

"She's the person who I've been hanging out with?" I answered earning a disappointed look from Yuna and Ningning.