Chapter 14

W I N T E R

I despise myself for not being someone you could love. After the events that day, I have been avoiding Karina every chance I get. Aeri and Ningning asked me what happened and why I suddenly left but I guess their questions were answered when Karina announced that she and Soobin were back together.

I could still remember Ning's apologetic smile which I could only return with a warm smile. It wasn't anyone's fault. That's just how life is. The only problem I was facing was how to cope with the pain.

Was I too late? Was I stupid for backing out the chances I had to confess with her? I think yes. She was the person I was praying for, but I am not her prayer.

I remember Aeri's words when she was stuck in the same situation years ago. "Your prayer means nothing when the person you are praying for isn't looking for you."

Isn't it painful? The moments when you're sincerely praying for that someone but that someone prays for someone else too, and that someone isn't you.

"You can't avoid her forever, Minjeong," Ryujin says upon arriving with the drinks in hand. Behind her was the gang. When my eyes shifted to Jay, he had that same apologetic smile. I wonder what Ningning and Jay are thinking right now when they heard Karina and Soobin are back together.

"I doubt she'll think I'm avoiding her when all she does is hang out with him." I sigh at how straightforward we were at discussing this with the alcohol in our system. It may seem absurd but we feel the comfort to share our problems most of the time accompanied by a drink. 

I stopped vising the old music room. The times I'd see Karina, she was always with Soobin, so I was thankful I didn't have to face her.  Honestly, I wasn't expecting that day to happen. Of all days, why did Soobin have to confess on that day? At least the truth came out when she accepted him. The truth was that there were parts of her I could never hold.                                                              

Falling was the easiest. Staying wasn't even that hard. Despite what they say. The most difficult part is knowing when to stop and let go. If decisions were made, things would have changed. It might have been different. 

I would like to believe that loving so hard on her was not a waste. I knew I had a chance, to either say something or not. I knew it might be my only chance and that I may never have another shot. But I blew it. I couldn't say a thing. 

Those moments with Jimin... It was everything I hoped for. I'll always be grateful for it. All that's left to do now is move on with my life and get through the rest of the school year.

 One more year Minjeong and you'll be on your separate ways. 

"I have to say something," All of us turned to Ryujin. She rarely says anything unless it's about having fun which is why everyone seems to be curious about what she's about to say. 

I can see how she tightened her grip on the bottle while the other when to rub her nape. "I confessed my feelings to Yeji," To say being shocked was an understatement. Ryujin was the fun type in the group so having a girlfriend was hard enough to see it in her. But of all people, Karina's friend? Hwang Yeji. 

"Who knew you had it in you to confess," Lia remarks earning a nod from the others. Ryujin could only chuckle but something in her expression means that it didn't go right.

"What did she say?" Jay curiously asks. 

"She said she doesn't feel the same way," 

"When did it start?" 

"When Minjeong introduced us to Karina's circle. I was smitten by her if you put it that way." 

"Guess it's not just you hurting huh Minjeong?" Ryujin teases. 

"But we have different situations though," I sigh. "You took the risk and confessed because you'll never know the outcome if you don't try. I on the other hand was too late to confess." 

I never got the chance to tell her my feelings and that hurts because she'll never know about it. Just around the time, I was realizing that I was truly in love with Karina, I soon found out that she was too stuck in her past relationship to feel comfortable with a new one. 

"Then try harder," Aeri spoke at the sudden silence. "Let your sincerity get through her."

"As simple as it sounds, how do you show someone you love them?" Ryujin asks. 

"When it comes to showing someone love, there are a million and one cliches. There's a reason why a lot of things are tried and true. It's because they work. Love should be pure. It should be about a million little things you share with someone. It should be relieving, a relationship that makes you free."

"All of these words coming from you Aeri, have you found someone yet?" Lia can't help but ask. Aeri was the wisest among the group along with Jay. But Aeri being in love? It's a rare sight to see especially when it takes her a really long time to like someone.

"I have," She bluntly answers making Ryujin choke on her drink. 

"What!? Who!? Since when?" 

"Why is everyone keeping secrets? Who else is hiding something?" Heeseung groans. 

====

If the chapter gets 15 votes I'll upload the next chapter. I hope this was worth an update! Karina's POV is next. I'll have to apologize if there are any errors. 

Can you believe it that I only planned to reach this story with less than 15 chapters but I'm sure enough the maximum chapter this story will have is 20.