Chapter 1: The Day Before

Lauryn's POV
"Lauryn go outside now and meet the neighbors. They have a girl your age and she wants to go back to school shopping with you. And don't make me repeat myself!!" I roll my eyes and my mother and pull myself out of bed. I open up the cardboard box that contains the clothes that I packed before we moved here. I dig around until I find a white lace crop top, a pair of light blue high wasted shorts, and white sandals. I lay them out across my bed and jump in the shower. I pull on my clothes after and gaze at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I quickly dry my wavy brown hair and pull it into a tight ponytail. "LAUYRN!!" my mom yells. I roll my eyes once more and yell back, "I'm coming calm your pants!!!" I stomp downstairs to see my mother on her phone. "Finally. She's waiting for you outside." She hands me my purse and gives me $100 to spend. I quickly thank her and walk outside.
As soon as I walk outside, I see a blonde girl chatting away on her phone. She looks about my age so I'm guessing this must be the notorious neighbor my mother was talking about. She's wearing a bright pink tank top that says "LOVE" on it and white jean shorts. She's also wearing matching bright pink knee socks and tennis shoes covered in flowers. Today is going to be a long day...
"Okay Avery. TTYL." The girl shuts off her phone and looks at me, like she's deciding wether or not I look nice enough. Finally, she speaks. But not the best first words someone like me wants to hear. "Lose the ponytail. It looks weird with that outfit." I sigh and take it out, my long wavy -but still wet- hair cascading down my back. She smiles and finally tells me, "Better. The name's Lana. I'm supposed to take you shopping." I smile and nod my head, because I'm a nice person. She hops onto the bus waiting for us, and says "Get in loser, we're going shopping." she laughs at that. Seeing my confusion, she says "its from Mean Girls, you probably wouldn't know. Now get in before I leave you." I jump in next to her and she talks nonstop all the way there. At the sight of the Weston Mall, she squeals and stops talking.
"Okay first we need to get you a cute shirt from Catie's Closet. Then we'll go to Life Line and get you a pair of cute leggings, and then hair stuff, and accessories, the works ya know?" I honestly didn't know, but I nodded and followed her lead.