Chapter 17: A Short Life

Lauryn's POV

When I walk in I hear Octavia screaming my name.

"LAURYN HELP ME!" I ran towards her voice.

The creep from the movie theater had found her and had a gun pulled to her head.

"Move one inch! ONE INCH! And I'll fire!!" he screamed at me.

Octavia was slowly breaking down.

"What do you want?" I yelled at him.

"She's not from here and she's not human!! I'll only leave if you pay me... $1,000!"

That was a lot. I only had that money for college. But I had it. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. Octavia was important to me. She was in tears.

"Don't do it Lauryn, it's not worth it," she was full out crying. "I'm not worth it. "

I slowly walked over to where the checkbooks were and wrote out a check of $1,000. I handed it to him and demanded Octavia.

I barely remember what happened.

I handed the money to him but even though he had it, and he put it in his pocket, I reached for Octavia.
Before I could get to her, I heard a gunshot. Octavia fell to the ground. The guy ran away.

I screamed as Octavia lay there, barely breathing. I pick her up in my arms. I shakily dialed 911. Josh heard the gunshot and so did Devon  They both ran over here and saw Octavia.

The ambulance left with Octave and we all saw the red and blue lights flashing in the distance. I called Santana.

"WHAT?" Santana was hysterical.
"YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM HE MUST DIE" she was crazy.

I went up to my room and sat on my bed. I looked up and I saw the flower. It was changing colors. I felt a piece of my heart break off and die.

Josh came upstairs and sat down next to me. He pulled my into a tight hug and I felt safe again. I cried into his shoulder, feeling vulnerable. But Josh was there and he just wanted to help. I cried even harder.

I wanted Octavia. I wanted to see her smile, I wanted to hear her amazing voice, I wanted to see what an amazing person she was. Most of all, I wanted her back.