Chapter 19: Leaving

Lauryn's POV

Darkness

Red Flashes

Screams

I woke up with a start. It was a nightmare...

I didn't bother looking nice for school. I pulled on a tee with a floral pattern and high-wasted white shorts. I piled all my hair up into a bun and slipped on my leather sandals. Today had nice weather. I didn't put any makeup on except foundation and stuff the hide my blotchy-ness.

It was windy, so the wind blew little pieces of my hair out of my sloppy bun while I walked to school.

When I arrived, Grant was standing at my locker.

"Go away. "

"Wow, that's exactly what I'm doing. "

"No you're not. You're still at my locker. "

"No, I mean I'm moving. "

Those words took me by surprise. Without thinking I hugged him. Like a goodbye hug. His steady breath tickles my neck.

"Stay safe Lauryn, okay?"

I nodded and felt tears falling down my cheeks. He promised to visit but I couldn't hear anything else he was saying. He was the first person to welcome me, to show me around. And my first friend. And now he's leaving.

"Got it?"

I snapped out of my thoughts. I wasn't paying attention.

He laughed and said, "You have my number, so if you need anything call me,"

I asked where he was moving.

"Canada."

I nearly fell. He would be 10 hours away. He left me to go to his office job.

I began to slowly crumble to pieces. Josh ran and caught me from falling. He walked with me to art in silence. I felt even more empty inside. This was becoming the worst year ever. I just want to die. It's way better than this.

✿ ✿ ✿
-aυтнor'ѕ noтe-

bye bye Grant.

I feel so bad.

Maybe he'll come back. 😏