Chapter 14: Movie Creeps

Octavia's POV

I liked Lauryn and Santana. They were nice and trusted me with their secrets. Lauryn was caught between a love triangle and Santana got sent to Juvie before. That's why she's so nice. She's too afraid to go back. She said it could really change a person.

Lauryn had four tickets to go see Luminaria, a new movie about aliens or something. So of course she picked me, her, and Santana. She also brought along her dance partner, Brent, who she was not in love with. They were close friends.

We all sat down, and the order from left to right was Santana, Brent, Lauryn, then Me. The guy next to me kept giving me strange looks. His name was Colin.

Halfway into the movie, the Colin guy whispered to Lauryn, "Hey, is she from here?" and pointed to me. I shrunk into my seat, making myself little as possible.

When the movie was almost over, he whispered in my ear through gritted teeth, "I know who you really are."

I scooted as far away from him as possible. When the movie was over I practically ran to the car. Lauryn saw my worry and drove home right away.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Lauryn asked with innocent eyes.

I cried into her shoulder while she consoled me.

"I-I got you something from the mall. " I dug around in my temporary suitcase and pulled out a very fragile crystal flower. It didn't cost much, cuz when you're a young kid, people get you anything. So the price went down. A lot. Especially when you use puppy eyes.

Lauryn teared up and gave me a tight hug. She placed the flower on her desk and marveled at it. She hugged me again and said I was the little sister she never had. And she was, to me, also the big sister I never had. All of mine died from an attack from humans. None of my family survived. I am the only one left of the Deensay Family.