Chapter 16: Sparks Will Fly

Lauryn's POV

Over the next few days Josh and I got closer and closer. He was a better dancer than Devon and a whole lot sweeter than anyone's ever treated me.

We went together to the beach. Santana and Brent came with too. I just learned they were a couple. What were Josh and I? Were we a couple? I sure wished. Santana and Brent were so open about their relationship.

All four of us sat on bar stools at the smoothie shop. Santana and Brent payed for their own but of course, Josh had to be a gentleman and he payed for mine. I blushed thanked him. He smiled back and grabbed my hand. He gently swung our intwined hands. Santana was giving me kissy faces but thankfully, Josh didn't see her. I am so going to slap her.

Santana and Brent went off on a beach walk. I never let go of Josh's hand ever since the smoothies.

We sat together on the sand.
"I really like you Josh," I laid my head on his shoulder. I could hear his steady heartbeat.
"I know. I do too. " He gently kisses my forehead.

I have never been more in love than ever before. Josh pulls me closer to him and we watch the sun set together. I've never been so happy.

✿ ✿ ✿

"Okay.. favorite fast food? On three"
We had so much in common.
"Two"
We basically just yelled out our favorites at the same time so we wouldn't be swayed from the other's opinion.
"One!"
"FRENCH FRIES!!!"
We both screamed and fell into a fit of giggles. Josh was walking me home because he lived just a few blocks away. I couldn't wait to see Octavia, but I didn't want Josh to leave.

As soon as I got to my porch I saw him. Devonwas sitting on the front steps of my house. What was he doing here? Ruining my moment that's what. Josh didn't see Devonbut he still had his arm around me. Devon made eye contact with me. I gave him a look that said, not right now. I'll talk later. He quickly walked back to his own house. But he still kept looking back at us. In fact, he stopped at some random guy's driveway to stop and see what we were doing.

When we got to our house, Josh stopped and I hugged him. He was remotely taller than me, only by a few inches. But I still had to stand on my tip-toes to gently pull his face down and kiss him. I could feel Devonwatching.
"Thanks for the best night of my life," I said as I hugged him one last time.
"Anything for you, love. " I felt my heart swelling when he said that. Now I really didn't want him to leave. But he did. And like a stalker, I watched him enter his house and waved goodbye to him. Without thinking of Devon, I went into my house, excited to tell Octavia everything.

✿ ✿ ✿
-ѕнσят αυтнσяѕ иσтє-
I was squealing the entire time I wrote this aaaaah