Chapter 4

Astrid's pov.

"Hi Astrid" he said as he huged me. "Derek" he said serious.

"Chris" Derek said using the same tome Chris used.

"Anyways -" I said feeling the tension. "What are you doing here Chris?"

"Oh, Allison wouldn't stop crying about some guy at school and I decided to go for a walk. I might be 38 and only have one child but hear me out: Don't have children, it's hard" he said laughing.

"Come on Chris, she's 10, let her be a child" I said giggling. "Let her live her normal life as a child" I said smiling.

"Yeah, but her life is anything but normal, with werewolves running through the forest" he said looking at me and Derek "and us being hunters isn't going to be easy. I think that we'll move for a while, until she's going to grow up a bit, I was thinking about France but I'm not sure." he said concerned.

"I'll suport you with anything, you know that, and if you want to move, I can help you" I said with a sad smile. Chris was also my best friend, Victoria too. They knew that I was a werewolf but they really didn't care because I've never killed anyone in 20 years. I was kinder than most of the children and they got attached to me shortly after we met. They trained me since I was 5, when I was 16, they decided that it would be better for me to train with Talia, and that's what I did.

"Thanks Astrid, you were always here for us, so we'll always back you up, no matter the distance" he said hugging me."Now I think I have a daughter to go to" he smiled and I smiled back as he turned around and left.

"How are you so calm? He's a fucking hunter As!" yelled Derek when Chris was nowhere to be seen.

"I trust him and I always will, Chris is not a bad person, just because he's an Argent, it doesn't mean that he is bad." I said backing him.

"Whatever you say" said Derek giving up.

We walked back to the Hale house as I heard something in the bushes. I stopped and I looked in that direction.

"why did you stop?"

"shhh" I hushed him.

I took a closer look but when I took a step forward, a snake launched at my leg. I sliced it with my claws but he had already bit me. 'Stupid Astrid, you're stupid'.

"Derek I think I need you he..." I tried to say when I almost fell to the ground.

"I got you" he said catching me. "just stay conscious"

"it's fine, my leg just paralizied" I said like it wasn't a big thing but in fact it was. It took 20 seconds for my leg to paralize so I don't want to think what would have happened if the snake bit my neck. Anyways, happy thoughts, you can't feel you leg.

"MOM!" yelled Derek as we walked into the house.

"What is it De- OMG Astrid, are you OK?" asked Talia as she run towards me.

"I'm fine, I just can't feel my leg" I said calm with a little smile on my face.

"I'll call Deaton" said Laura coming into the room.

I told Talia everything about the snake. It was kinda neon purple with light blue on it and I told her where I killed it. Derek went to bring some parts of it and he arrived with them just when Deaton came in.

"Hi Astrid" he said being very calm.

"Hi Alan"

I told him everything that I knew and he took the partly snake that Derek brought in and in 15 minutes he gave me an injection with some weird light pink serum in it. 5 minutes passed and I started to feel my leg again. Deaton told us about the snakes and that they're lethal to humans, but it's not that dangerous for werewolves. They were supposed to be extinct but seems like some of them are still alive.
We settled to make a little hunting party to kill those snakes the following day and Deaton left.

I went home because it was 11 pm and I had classes the following day. Uh, it was only Tuesday. 'I can't wait for the weekend.' I thought as I stepped into my apartment. I went past the mirror in the hallway when I realised that I was still wearing Peter's clothes. Eh, they're comfortable so why not. I took a quick shower and put myself to bed shortly after that.

The last thought that went through my mind before I fell asleep was to go to see Scott and Mell in the weekend.

<Friday, two days forward>

I just got out of the college building when I saw Peter's car? 'What the fuck is he doing here?' I went to my car when I heard him calling my name.

"Astrid!"

"Yeah Peter?"

"I wanted to ask you if - is that my hoodie?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"wha - yeah" I said realising that I was wearing it, I didn't even care what I choose to wear in the morning because it was kinda cold.

"when did you even get it?" he said amused.

"well after you left me in you room, right after I took a shower, I didn't have any spare clothes so yeah" I said with an innocent face.

"well I suites you well so it's yours" he said while taking a deep look in my eyes. For a second I felt butterflies but then I heard someone calling my name.

"MCCALL!" yelled my psychology teacher.

"Yes Ms.Amelia" I tured around to face her.

"I wanted to tell you that you forgot to hand me your essay"

"I totally forgot, here" I said as I got it out of my bag. "Thank you for reminding me." I said with a smile.

"No problem sweetie" she said smiling back then she looked at Peter.

"Is he your boyfriend?"