Chapter 60

Astrid's pov

"Uh, there's been a few break - ins around the neighborhood. And a murder. Yeah, it was bad." I hear Stiles staying from inside the house.

"Open up Stiles, it's Astrid" I say while banging on the door waiting for my so called nephew somehow to open.

"Astrid, what are you doing here?" he asks while opening the door.

"Astrid?" I hear another voice and I see Allison's shocked expression.

"Right, where's Lydia?" I ask and Stiles's face drops a little.

"Upstairs with Jackson" he says, and I can't help but feel that something's wrong. "Oh, jeez. What are you doing?" I hear Stiles asking, and I look over to see Allison clearly panicked.

"I think - I think I have to call my dad." she says, gaining an unsure look from both me and Stiles.

"No, but if he finds you here - you and Scott -" he begins to say, but I cut him off.

"Allison, listen to me, leave Chris out of this, you can protect yourself and nothing is going to happen to any of you while I'm here, alright?" I say, grabbing her shoulder lightly.

" I know. But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia." she adds panicked.

" Nothing is going to happen to Lydia, trust me, not on my watch"

"I got an idea. Just shoot one of 'em." I hear Stiles saying out of nowhere.

"Are you serious?" asks Allison, and I just can't believe how these kids are alive at this point. Shoot an arrow at a werewolf? Really?

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?"

"Okay." she says lightly.

"Look, I am sure that they don't think we're gonna fight, at least the two of you, but don't think that if one of them gets hit, they'll take off." I say, and Stiles just rolls his eyes at me. "Don't roll your eyes at me young man, I've been in this supernatural shit since I know myself so you might want to listen to me"

"Just shoot one of 'em." he says, not listening to a word I said

"Which one?"

"Uh - Derek. Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head." he adds again only to gain a sigh from me. Dumb kids.

" If Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can." says Allison, and my eyebrows narrow.

"Wait, you tried to shoot Scott?"

"It was a mistake, a sensible trigger. Okay, uh, just shoot one of the other three then." he says, and I can hear something in the backyard. I get closer to the wall next to the door and I see Isaac's curly hair in the shadow.

"You mean two."

"No, I mean three. Where the hell is Isaac?"

"Look out!" I yell as the door opens, jumping on Isaac as he was ready to run forward. "Allison, get Lydia!" I yell while pinning Isaac down. "Stay down Isaac, I don't want to hurt you"

"I won't give up without a fight, Derek's orders" he spits while getting back up from the floor.

"As you wish love" I say while launching myself at him, hitting his left side of his abdomen, making sure I don't cause him any serious harm. He tries to slash me with his claws, but I ditch him, hitting him right between his lungs, hitting his breastbone, leaving him without his breath for a couple of seconds. But as soon as he wants to get up, Scott rushes though the door and I get out ready to have a chat with Derek "Stop them right now, or I'll kill them" I hiss at him, and he just smirks at me.