Chapter 16

Derek's pov.

I woke up in the morning feeling unexpectedly well. I didn't know what Astrid did to me but she made me feel way better. I changed my clothes and I went to the kitchen with hope to find some food. My mom was cooking so I guess 'lucky me'.

"Morning mom!" I said while sitting down at the table.

"Good morning for you too Derek" she said with a smile. "How are you doing?"

"Pretty well actually, thanks to As." I said while returning the smile.

She nodded and have me a plate with bacon, eggs, some cheese and bread. I was kinda hungry so I immediately I started eating. At some point Peter joined us, rubbing his eyes, being clearly tired.

"Good morning Peter!" said mom.

"Yeah, morning Talia" and then he looked at the table and he saw me "and Derek" he said with a sower voice and he went to fill a glass with water.

Peter was kinda fun to spend time with but only when he was in a good mood so mostly when we were with Astrid. I couldn't finish my thoughts when I heard the front door slamming and a VERY excited Astrid came into the kitchen.

"I PASSED" she said holing a letter and I saw the written 'FBI acceptence letter' on the top of it.

"Congratulations" said Talia with a smile while I was doing the same. Peter became immediately interested about the conversation and he hugged her.

"I knew you'd do just fine" he said kissing her forehead. They were cute together, I must admit but I've never thought about them being in a relationship honestly, it would just be... unusual.

"Does it say when you'll start?" I asked her.

"It says that: 'if the aiming skills are great and the in becoming agent passes all the tests without extra hours of work, he/she will start 6 months after the receiving of this letter' so considering my training, I'll start 6 months from now on" she said so exited. I was happy for her but the thought that she was going to be half of the day working and the fact that she was going to be 1 hour drive away from us was making me kinda anxious about it, but I didn't want to kill her excitement so I cheered her up.

Astrid's pov.

Derek was clearly not fine with something about the fact that I was going to be a FBI agent.

"what's wrong?" I asked him. He was holding himself from telling me so I tickled him until he gave up.

"Well" he started "your are going to be half of the day working" he said and he made a little break to sigh" added the fact that you are going to be 1 hour drive away from us"

"And you think I'm going to quit spending time with you?" I said kinda sad that he thought that I was going to quit hanging out with him. He nodded and then I hugged him. "I'll always come here when I finish work to see how you're doing and to spend some time with you" I said kissing him on his forehead.

<3 weeks later>

Astrid's pov.

Since the 'Kate incident' we spent every day with Derek to be sure that he was feeling better and Kate wasn't going to do anything about him. It went like this for a month and everything seemed just in place. That day I had to go to LA to take the aiming test for the FBI. I was thinking about getting Derek with me but since he doesn't really stand guns, I decided to text Peter.

Great, just great, I was still in my pijamas

Great, just great, I was still in my pijamas. I quickly tied my hair in a messy bun and I started brushing my teeth when I heard the doorbell. 'JUST WONDERFUL' I thought to myself making my way to the door. I opened it to see a smirking Peter looking at me like I was some kind of desert.

"Come in" I said talking my toothbrush out of my mouth and then I went to the bathroom.

He came in and stood in the bathroom's door way while I was finishing cleaning my teeth.

"Your pijama is quite transparent, you know? It leaves really nothing for my imagination to work" he said with a big sassy Peter Hale smirk.

"Well close your eyes and then your imagination can work" I said walking towards my room. Ray was at work with the new sheriff, Noah Stilinski. I'm glad that he is in that position to be honest, anyways. "Will you let me change?" I asked facing Peter who was staring at me from the door way.

"The last time I was in your room and you wanted to change, you let me look" he said smirking.

"Well back then we were drunk, now we're sober so I guess things change depending on the circumstances." I said closing the door in his face."Oh and Peter?" I said opening the door enough to see his face "I don't fall for fuckboys, we're just friends" I said with a smile before shutting the door again. To be honest I really liked him but I didn't think I had the courage to admit that to myself in order not to get heartbroken, ANYWAYS.

I put on a back body and some skinny blue ripped jeans and I took a black. leather jacket with me. I walked out of my room just to see Peter looking at some stuff in the house.

"So you're daddy's girl?" he asked holding a picture of me and my brother and I bursted out laughing.

"That's Raf" I said still laughing "he's 16 years older than me, enough tho to the be my dad" I said and Peter started laughing too. "Come on" I said taking his hand, my backpack, my phone and the car keys.

"Audi?" he asked about the car that we were going to ride.

"nope, camaro" I said smiling walking to the garage where my beloved black Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 was waiting for me.

I started the engine and the car started growling under my legs. It was the most beautiful sound in the entire world. I started driving while Peter was messing with the radio. And some of you might be wondering, why doesn't Peter drive? Well he knows that I really enjoy it and it calms me down so he let's me have my fun. After he realised that he had no hope with the radio, he decided that it would be better to connect the aux.

I started laughing when I heard him reversing "The real slim shady" by Eminem.

"Feminist women love Peter Hale
Chicka-chicka-chicka Peter Hale , I'm sick of him
Look at him, walkin' around, grabbin' his you-know-what
Flippin' the you-know-who"

"yeah but he's so cute though" I continued his verse and he both started laughing. It was a nice ride to be honest and I was really enjoying it. With Peter I felt free to be myself more than with other people, he understood me and was there for me anytime, no matter the hour, he was there.'I just hope that we'll be like this forever' I thought to myself looking at him singing and having his fun.