Chapter 34

Astrid's pov.

I woke up the next morning with the warm wind blowing softly through my dirty fur. I was a full mess. I didn't have anything with me, no phone, no ID, no wallet, no anything and as a bonus, I didn't know where I was. I started roaming around feeling the wet grass under my paws with no idea about which direction I should have headed on. I saw a path no far from me and I started walking towards it. The events from last night started to appear before my eyes and before I knew it I started running. It was like running from  the pain I was feeling, from the heart ache, from the bumping in my head. I felt like I was going to explode anytime soon.

In my run I didn't observe the small creature running beside me and shortly after it tripped. Only then I was aware of the little thing that was following me. I stepped closer to it, only to find out that it was the baby coyote from last night but I feel like I've seen it before. I walked towards it slowly, slow enough not to scare it. When it saw me its ears went backwards as like it was afraid of me and the small brown thing layed on the ground. I waked closer and I liked its small wet nose and its eyes looked at me in surprise. It got on its paws and it began to sniff me while I was doing the same thing. It was something special about that baby coyote, its eyes were almost human and it was way more perceptive than other coyotes that I ever crossed paths with. Then I realised that I've seen it before, when I was going to the Hale house, a day before Paige's funeral. At some point while sniffing it, I realized that the coyote was a female and from the friendly look I got from her she realized that I was one too. I started to walk around the woods with the coyote by my side when slowly I began to recognize the place.

I was kinda 5 minutes away from the Hale house, the last place where I wanted to go. The coyote stood by my side until I got closer to the house, but then it was almost like it vanished. I began to look for it but nothing, it was almost like it wasn't with me at all. I tried to sniff the air to see where it went but I couldn't succeed to find its track. After some moments I went to my car and I transformed back into my human shape and I took some spare clothes from the trunk, then I drove away from the house. Destination? My house. I drove home as quick as I could and I heard my phone buzzing, like thousands of times on the seat next to mine.

I didn't have enough nerves to respond them so I just saw their messages

I didn't have enough nerves to respond them so I just saw their messages. Tears started to run from my eyes down my cheeks overthinking about the conversation between me and Peter from last night. I didn't want to belive any of it, I just wanted to wake up and think that it was all a dream. They didn't remember anything, well actually how could they? They were wasted and the full moon also had its effects but still... that's not an excuse...

I looked through my calls and all I saw was Derek's and Peter's from last night. I think that's when they lost me in the crowd, just after I went to dance. I shook off the thoughts in my head and I parked my car in front of my house. Grace and Chaos barked at me when I entered the house but then they began to lick my legs. I put them food and water, before I patted them, and I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I wanted to be alone, really alone.

I started the shower and I got in, just to feel the warm water running down my body, mixed with the tears. I was a total emotional disaster. Despite the fact I didn't know what to do or what to think, the conversation with Peter was sticked in my brain. All of it began to appear over and over before my eyes until I couldn't take in anymore. I sat myself down on the shower floor with my head between my hands that were laying on my knees. I was simply crying, the only hearable thing was the shower that was still running. I decided to get out of the shower after some time and I got dressed up.

I got on some training shorts, a black sport bra and over it a large grey t-shirt. I took my mp3 and I shoved it into my back pocket while I put the earphones in my ears. I started the music and I exited the house to go for a run. Running was making me relaxed so it was kinda the best thing I could have done in that moment. I found an unknown track in the forest and I took it that way, while being more focused on the music than on the surroundings.

I found an abandoned factory, it looked like one so I started exploring. I didn't have much to lose so yeah. I saw the revenge sigh on one of the metal walls and my the depth of it, it was made by a werewolf, a strong one. I felt a preference behind me and I took of my earphones.

"Who's there? I'm not scared of you, face yourself" I yelled when I heard more movement in the place.

"I'm sorry if we scared you, we didn't mean to" said a tall man followed by a woman and a pretty massive man.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"My name is Deucalion, my dear" said the tall man with sunglasses on his nose.

Author note: I'm sorry for not posting but I've been at some festival the past nights and I forgot to write. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter <3