Chapter 50

Derek's pov.

I open my eyes only to see that I'm in Astrid's bed. 'Fuck. How the hell did I even end up here? Don't tell me that... ' I curse to myself and I automatically pull off the covers to see that my clothes are changed, when I hear a growl, only to see one of Astrid's dogs at the end of the bed. "Chaos, shut it!" yells As from somewhere in the house, and the dog quietly leaves the room. "Morning Der" she yells and I get out of the bed.

"What happened last night?" I grout and she giggles while laying on the sofa."What? What's so funny?"

"You were always getting drunk quickly" she laughs "It's already noon, you slept like a bear" she laughs again and I just smile, but something's off. Her eyes aren't as lighten as usual.

"What's on your mind?" I ask seeing her deeply in her thoughts, but she just shakes her her. "Come on, tell me"

"I just don't know Derek. I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore. I'll have to return to LA two weeks from now on, I still have to work and we still haven't found the alpha. God I hate this. This is so weird, I feel like we're missing something, we know it but we just slip it" she says and I see a tear forming in the corner of her eye. She is angry at herself, I can feel it and I feel sorry for her, I actually do. She is stronger than she seems, but she was always like this except fot the fact that she is colder and more sarcastic now. "Anyways, I made pasta" she says with a smile while getting up and putting two plates with pasta on the table.

"By the way... What happened to my clothes? And whose are these?" I say pointing at a v-neck black t-shirt and a pair of sport pants.

"Peter's" she says and my eyes widen. She kept them, for so long, she kept them. She smiles sadly then she sits down at the table."Last night the alpha attacked a bus driver and we helped Scott to save him. He is barely alive, but still. You got yourself all bloodied and I gave you some spare clothes after you took a shower" she explains and the memories from last night start running through my mind.

"What happened after we left the club? I can't remember that"

"Oh, we came here and you fell asleep on my couch till like 3 in the morning. That's when we woke up and we went to the school" she says and she takes a fork full of pastas. "I stood aside, but I shot him a couple of times with wolfsbane bullets. Yeah, I know I could have helped more, but I want to find something out so leave me handle it my way" she says before she takes a sip of water. "After that, you took a shower and fell asleep on my bed" she says with a smile then she continues to eat giving her dogs some of her food too."By the way, you're hot shirtless" she adds with a wink and I just grin at her comment.

"You saw me in the shower?"

"Nope, I mean I wouldn't have minded it" she says with a wink "but I didn't. You came into the room with a towel around your hips after you took a shower, then I gave you the clothes you're wearing now" she explains and I decide to change the subject.

"Do you know who it is?" I ask and she just shakes her head.

"No, I'm just suspicious, so before I can accuse anyone, I have to try to find out myself something" she says looking at a small wooden box with 3 missing bullets that I assume she shot the alpha with and then it all goes silent.

«3 hours later»

Astrid's pov.

"Okay. I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something last night. I had a dream about - someone. But someone else got hurt. And it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened." rushes Scott to say looking so lost and helpless.