Chapter 20

Astrid's pov.

I took the dogs to my car and I put them in the back seats. As soon as they touched the seats they began to yawn and they fell asleep. I couldn't see Peter anywhere so I decided to call him but no response so I went home. 'Maybe he went home' I said to myself while I was driving home.

"Ray!" I yelled from the front door when I heard a heartbeat in the house.

"Yea - OH MY GOODNESS! They're so cute! You're going to keep them?" she asked visibly excited.

"Yeah, I was driving with Peter -" and I couldn't finish my sentence because she gave me 'the look'.

"So, you were driving... with PeTeR" she said on a weird tone.

"I know exactly what you're thinking about and no, we're not a tHiNg" I said clearly. "As I was saying, we were driving and this adorable little puppies came into the road" I said while I put the girl and the boy on the floor. "I still don't have any ideas for thair names but I'll come up with something" I said and I watched the puppies beginning to play.

I stayed with Ray for a talk in the living room while the puppies were playing and I told her everything about my 'experience' from the shooting test.

"What an asshole" said Ray pissed. "He dared to touch you? What an idiot!"

"Yeah, I was lucky that Peter and Raf were there" I said with a slight laugh.

"Oh and As, we have to talk about something" said Ray seriously.

"I'm listening"

"So, you know about the fact that I'm working at the police station and everything and ummm, I don't know how to tell you this" she said with a pause "I'm going to move out of your house, I found one closer to the station and I've already bought it" she said with hesitation.

"For fucks sake Ray, you scared me, I thought that something was wrong!"

"So you're not mad?"

"How can I be mad? I'm happy for you, I thought something bad happened to you, you scared the shit out of me" I said with a laugh. "Ray, you're my best friend and I support you with everything, I'm happy for you" I said hugging her.

"I thought you're going to be so pissed" she said with a laugh.

After that we began to pack her things and we laughed a lot looking through her old stuff that she brought to mine. Three hours later we were done but something was bothering me, the fact that Peter didn't text me or tried to talk to me. 'Get over yourself Astrid, you're not dating, you're not a thing so he can do whatever he wants' I was trying to convince myself that I was just overwhelming and overthinking everything.

"Are you ok? You look lost" observed Ray.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about it" I responded with a smile. "I think I found names for the puppies" I said looking in their direction. "She's going to be Grace" I said looking at the brown puppy which was sitting with a leg over the other 'So graceful' I giggled in my head "And he" I said pointing to the black doberman witch was tearing a pillow apart "he's going to be Chaos" I said laughing.

"Grace and Chaos" said Ray while thinking "it fits them" she added with a smile."Can you please help me with these boxes?" she said pointing at them and then I nodded.

We took the boxes to her car and then I went back home to play with the puppies. Grace was kinda peaceful and calm but Chaos on the other hand, he was a playful energy bomb. Few minutes later I realised that I didn't have any dog supplies so I went to the pet shop.

"Hello there" said a boy who was clearly working there"Can I help you?"

"Oh hi, um, I was looking for two leashes and two collars and basically all the suppliers I could buy for some one month dogs, I recently got two puppies and I'm kinda overwhelmed." I said with a laugh.

"It's fine, I get it, if you don't mind me asking, what type of puppies do you have?" he asked while walking into the puppy's section.

"Oh, doberman" I said with a smirk.

"Doberman? Huh, kinda expensive, you do know that they're security dogs and that they can get between 35 and 45 kilograms? They're also not very easy to train" he said but then he added fast "I'm not trying to scare you, I just want to be sure that you know what you're doing" he said with a smile.

"I do know" 'I don't' "And I'm sure I'll be just fine" 'I won't be fine'.

He showed me some leashes and collars and I picked a pink one for Grace and a blue one for Chaos, both leashes being black, some bowls for water and food, 10 kilograms of dog food and some clothes because I thought they were cute. I also engraved their names on some tags to put them on the collars. I put everything in the car and then I went home where Grace and Chaos looked very excited about their collars. 'Is that normal?'. Anyways, here's some pictures.

Of course I bought them both dog beds, but I'm well aware of the fact that Chaos is going to destroy them both

Of course I bought them both dog beds, but I'm well aware of the fact that Chaos is going to destroy them both. Just look at Grace, 'she's such a lady'. I said to myself looking at her being so gentile with her pink ball. OK, 'let's take you for a walk' I thought to myself looking at the leashes in my hand.

Authors note: I wrote a few chapters ahead and I think I'll post one every day from now on, or at least I'll try. Don't worry about smut, this book has it, I'll write a +16 under the title at those specific chapters so if you don't like this type of content, you can just skip it. Anyway, hope that you like the book so far <3