twenty-five | lying and heartbreak

Waking up, it felt like a completly different day

Waking up, it felt like a completly different day. I felt happier and overall better than the day before, which definitely wasn't going to be too hard to beat.

However, as soon as I thought of my father, I immediately wanted to hurt something, preferably Matthew if he was here.

Right now, I was waiting at the front door for Caleb to eventually come down the stairs. Usually it was me that was the slow one and took about ten hours in the morning, but this was a new low for him, he was taking ages.

"Hurry up!" I shouted as loudly as I could, knowing that nobody else was inside the house this morning. It would have been the end of the day by the time he came downstairs.

"I'm coming!" He shouted back as he sprinted down the stairs, making my ears burst from the noise he was making. "You're a bit impatient this morning, princess," my heart began beating faster when he used the pet name I had grown to miss.

"Let's go," he said whilst he grabbed an apple and walked with me to the car. "And after seven years, they've finally left," I shouted sarcastically, lightly shoving his shoulder as we climbed into either side of his car.

"Shut up," he retorted as I buckled my seatbelt and sat back into the warmth of his car.

"You smell particularly nice today," he said to me, making me blush slightly so I turned my head to look out of the window of the car. "Is that a blush I see?" He teased as he tried to poke me.

"Saying are you blushing is obviously going to make me blush," I almost shouted as I turned back with my cheeks returning to a neutral colour.

"Okay then, but it's cute don't worry," he said making me blush again. I needed to stop, otherwise I may as well just become a tomato for him to really make fun of me.

I accepted his compliment quickly, then I let the car fall silent until we arrived at school.

When we did, I breathed a sigh of relief. "See you at lunch," he shouted to me as he had already walked off with a wave. Silently, I agreed and began walking to first period as Caleb had already made us at least ten minutes late.

Luckily, all of the classes I had didn't involve much movement or brain strenuous activity so I sat with my eyes open but everything else closed until my ears opened up eventually to the bell for lunch.

Breathing out a heavy sigh, I finally sprinted out of the temporary prison and towards the cafeteria.

My heart beat was racing, knowing that I was going to see Caleb again. It's hard to understand how quickly my heart had healed from James, but something in Caleb had helped along with that, and seeing James every day obviously wasn't doing it a lot of good.

"Hey Gab, over here!" Flora shouted as I walked over to where Caleb was also sitting. He turned round and smiled at me and my heart began racing again, whilst I stared longingly at the dimples that were covering his cheeks.