twelve | bathrooms and punches

Gabriella Hart

Gabriella Hart

My hand began to sting from slapping James round the face. I couldn't concentrate on anything when tears were surrounding my eyes. I jumped into the car and drove at least five hundred metres away from his house before I stopped and pulled up.

Tears suddenly came streaming down my face; I never normally cry in front of people and that's why when I do cry, it's away from a lot of people.

Resting my head and hands on the steering wheel, I evaluated what had happened. I had kissed Caleb and James had been angry with me, yet he knew all this time that he had done something ten times worse.

My phone was going off every few seconds as James was constantly trying to text and ring me.

Pulling myself together, I drove back to Caleb's hoping that he would be there. I just needed him right now. I pulled my car up onto the drive and stared up at the monstrosity of a house I was staying in; I should count myself lucky, I would've had to stay with James otherwise.

I didn't know whether to blame James cheating on the fact that everything happened with my mom and dad or the fact that I had to stay with Caleb. Would James have cheated anyway?

The door slammed as I walked in with my eyes almost bursting from redness and soreness. My eyes and head hurt and I knew that James and I were officially over. I couldn't be with someone who I once trusted so much, yet hurt me more than anyone ever could.

Every time I repeated what had happened in my mind, my heart broke once again, breaking into smaller pieces each time. "Hey, Gabby I was wondering if-," Caleb stumbled into the room; oblivious to my emotion until he noticed the redness in my eyes and the way I was attempting to hold myself together.

"Are you okay?" He ran over to me, pulling me into a tight hug. Feeling his warmth felt like tiny butterflies surrounding my body. In this moment, I wanted to kiss him but I knew it would be wrong and it would feel too much like revenge, no matter how desperate I was to get it.

"James-" I was struggling to get the words out as I attempted to say the words I had been attempting to say in my head for the longest time. "He cheated on me.' The words stabbed my body again as he suddenly pulled me into his embrace.

Without even thinking, I pulled away from his arms and stared deep into his eyes. I knew that I only wanted one thing at this moment. Therefore, forgetting about everything else in my mind, I forcefully pressed my lips to his.

Our lips were in sync together, and I had never felt safer than where I was right now. We stumbled up to his room and to his bed. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing as I felt the soft comfort of his sheets underneath my back.

Our lips continued to move together and my hands were wrapped up in his hair when he pulled away and hovered over me. "We can't do this." Caleb said to me from his upward position. My arms were slowly retracting from his neck as he looked down at me with guilt in his eyes.