fifteen | parties and ex's

The week went on just as frustratingly as it had started

The week went on just as frustratingly as it had started. James and Flora always sat together on the same table that we used to. They would occasionally look over at me, but I would only return an angered glare.

A bruise had slowly formed around Flora's face, almost making me smile at my handiwork. She had attempted to cover it up with make up, but just knowing it was there made me happier. She deserved a lot more than a punch to the nose.

I didn't actually feel at all bad about it. I just wanted her to feel what I felt but in a physical type of pain rather than emotional. Then again, what I was feeling felt both physically and emotionally draining. It was killing me to see the both of them everyday, but I was also rather good at hiding how I felt.

Caleb had been ignoring me for the whole week, even at home. At school he would be with one girl from each social group everyday and then bring back a different one in the evening. It was like he was dangling them in front of me, making me feel a mixture of anger and jealousy wrapped into one.

Every time another girl walked through the door, an increased anger would build up inside of me, then I would wake up in the morning, go to school and see Flora and James, increasing my anger even more.

When I sat alone at the table in the cafeteria, I had started to tell myself that I really should have made more friends in high school since at this very moment, all I had was an ex-boyfriend, an ex-best friend and a roommate that I couldn't even stand to look at.

Currently, I was lying on my bed at six on a Friday evening, with no plans and only homework and studying to complete.

"Can everyone come downstairs to the main room, please?" I heard Katherine's voice call from the bottom of the stairs, followed by several footsteps walking down. I assumed that Kylie and Clara had walked downstairs, followed by Celeb's heavy footsteps.

For once, Caleb was actually home and without a girl, even though he probably snuck her out of the window earlier this evening. I wouldn't put it past him.

Gulping back, I walked down the stairs into the main room where Caleb, Clara and Kylie were already seated on the couch, opposite Katherine and Mike.

I sat down at the only available place, which happened to be squished right beside Caleb. He smirked at me out of the corner of his mouth and I was fighting every urge to wipe it straight off his face, with my fist.

I'm not sure I could take much more bad news, so I silently prayed that this was the best news that they would ever give me. Hopefully mom was coming home and everything could get back to normal.

As soon as we were all seated, Katherine began speaking. "This weekend, Mike and I are going on a weekend retreat to our beach house." She expressed excitedly. Mike smiled and looked at all of us. I couldn't help the jealously I felt for them, being able to get away from this town and everyone in it.