one | handcuffs and winking

Slamming my hand onto my alarm for about the sixth time this morning, I finally lifted my body off of my extremely comfy bed

Slamming my hand onto my alarm for about the sixth time this morning, I finally lifted my body off of my extremely comfy bed. It seemed dramatic, but I felt like I was losing a friend when my skin was no longer touching the soft sheets.

Unfortunately, It was the first day back at school and being a senior, I still didn't think I could ever get used to getting up at six thirty in the morning. I felt genuine pain when I would hear my alarm.

Seeing as the word 'snooze' was hit one too many times, it was now twenty minutes past seven, which didn't give me much time to get ready.

"Gabby, James gets here in twenty minutes, so get up!" Kylie shouted harshly as she pushed the door open to my room. I smiled sarcastically at her before getting to my feet and walking to the bathroom.

Kylie was my fifteen-year-old sister, and she annoyed me more than most things in life. As a child, I was thrilled at the prospect of a new little sister. That was until I heard the first ear-splitting scream from the cot in the hospital room.

Ever since then, its all been downhill.

However, on odd occasions, she can be kind to me, but it was very rare and happened maybe once every year. " I know," I huffed out as I locked the bathroom door and stepped into the shower.

As soon as the warm water hit my head, I was automatically relaxed again. If I had a choice, I would spend my days alternating between my bed and the shower.

Despite not having long until our lift was here, I took a longer shower than necessary, making sure I washed my hair and body, whilst also trying to fully wake myself up. However, it was easier said than done.

As soon as I climbed out, I dried myself and picked out some blue jeans and a white t-shirt to go with them. My wardrobe wasn't exactly very interesting, but it was filled with my comfiest clothes, and that's all I needed.

Dragging a towel through my hair, I left it natural, not having enough time to do anything remotely nice with it. My hair was a dark brown colour and fell comfortably below my chest, and like most people in my family, it was thick and wavy, with some curls falling at odd places.

I applied a small amount of make up and put the necessary books into my school bag. Surprisingly the shower, the hair, the make up and books only took fifteen minutes, leaving me time to eat breakfast. "Breakfast is ready!" As if on cue, my mother called us from the bottom of the stairs.

Running down to the kitchen, I sat down on one of the kitchen seats and threw on a denim jacket hanging off the back of it. "You excited to start work today?" I asked mom, smelling pure heaven when she placed a plate of pancakes in front of us.

"Of course," she smiled with pearly white teeth and began digging into the pancakes in front of her, "I checked out the hospital the other day and I love it," I smiled back at her, seeing her happy made me happy and that's all that mattered to me