seventeen | hangovers and forgiveness

My head was in agony when I woke up in the morning

My head was in agony when I woke up in the morning. My mouth felt dry and I my face felt red from how much I had cried last night. Make up still covered my face, making me feel even more disgusting than I already felt.

Vomit threatened to make its way up my throat before I swallowed it back, craving aspirin to aid my hangover. I wiped the remaining make up from my face before cleaning my teeth and tying my hair up on top of my head.

The thought of how disgusting the house would be was making me feel even more sick to my stomach.

Water had been placed on my bedside table by someone, but I wasn't exactly worrying about who put it there. I swallowed large gulps of the liquid until my throat felt more refreshed and the taste of vodka had disappeared from my mouth.

It was a Saturday morning and that was probably one of the only things I actually knew at this point. I checked the clock to see it had just turned two in the afternoon.

Instead of lying in bed all day, I stood up slowly and made my way downstairs, ignoring the mess around my feet and across all the furniture. Red cups littered every inch of the house, making me imagine how much alcohol was actually consumed last night.

I shuddered at the thought before I scanned the cupboard and found some aspirin. I took it with some water before sitting at the kitchen table and holding my head in my hands.

The smell of the house resembled a mix of cigarettes and vodka whilst someone had accidentally used the fruit bowl as an ash tray.

Clara and Kylie were also in the kitchen, eating breakfast, surrounded by empty cups that were once filled with alcohol. "Hey, how was your night?" Clara asked, hinting that she knew I got drunk.

"Fine, how was yours?" I asked back sarcastically to show that I understood what she meant and that I really wasn't feeling too good. She simply laughed and turned to Kylie.

"Ours was good, wasn't it?" Kylie nodded to her quickly as she was too busy scoffing down whatever cereal she had poured for herself.

Footsteps tiptoed down the stairs and thinking it was Caleb, I turned straight away to see a girl who I didn't actually know, walking down the stairs wearing less than half of her clothing.

"Sorry, where's the front door?" She asked as I pointed round a corner and to where the door was as she scooted out from where she was standing. Kylie and Clara laughed at her expense as grinned, despite feeling the exact opposite inside.

A strange feeling crept inside me as I shrugged it away and pulled out a black bin bag and began filling it with all the littered cups and food that had been left on the side in the kitchen.

Caleb walked down shortly after the girl, making my stomach twist again. "How is everyone on this fine morning?" He asked, stretching out his body, obviously in a good mood despite the hangover he probably had.