four | roommates and jealousy

The car soon pulled up beside a huge, mansion-like house with modernised windows plastered around the exterior of the building

The car soon pulled up beside a huge, mansion-like house with modernised windows plastered around the exterior of the building. It was pretty obvious that this house belonged to a family that had a lot of money. I swallowed deeply of the thought of living here.

Obviously I was incredibly grateful, but with the though of my father on the back of my mind, and that fact I would be living with Caleb, I wasn't sure I was going enjoy myself here.

Moms slight sniffling brought me back to reality as we walked to the front door and knocked lightly, not wanting to wake the entire family.

The door soon opened to reveal Katherine, wearing some pyjamas with a sad and empathetic smile spread across her face. "Come in," she whispered as she hugged my mom tightly. Mom hugged her just as tight as Kylie and I stood behind her.

"I'll look after them, don't worry."

"Thank you so much Katherine," My mom felt reassured as she rubbed at her already puffy eyes. Katherine left us alone for a second so that we could say goodbye.

"Are you sure you're alright to be driving mom?" I questioned as she didn't look fit enough to do so. She smiled half-heartedly and held both Kylie and I's faces in her palms. "I'm getting a taxi from the house, don't worry." She assured me.

"I'll be back in a few weeks, I love you both," she brought me and Kylie into a hug as a small tear escaped my eye, feeling her kiss the top of mine and Kylie's heads. I genuinely felt like I had literally been thrown into this mess at one hundred miles per hour.

Soon after mom left, Katherine led Kylie and I upstairs.

"Kylie, you'll be rooming with Clara," she pointed to a room where the light was turned on, meaning that Clara was probably awake to greet her, "and Gabriella, your room is down the hall, to the left," I smiled as a thank you.

At this point, I was too tired to care about where I was sleeping, I just needed to hit my head onto a pillow and drift into unconsciousness.

"Thank you," I said to her as I walked into the dark room. Luckily, I was able to find the bed and climb into it. Like I'd thought, my head hit the pillow and I was gone.

• • •

Before I could even open my eyes and stretch out to the bright light suddenly shining through a window, I felt a large pillow come crashing down on my face, not being as soft as it should've been. "Ouch!" I shouted as I woke up, despite it not hurting that much.

Unfortunately, when I opened my eyes, it was no longer the pillow, but it was Caleb glaring down at me from above. "What are you doing in my room?" I shouted once again as I tried to cover up my indecency.

Of course, this was the time I had chosen to wear a small shirt and some extremely short shorts to bed. "Mom told me to wake you up," he said as I stared up at him, not knowing what I should reply, "so wake up," he shouted back, making me more annoyed than before.