40

I woke up to Leo in the bathroom brushing his teeth and getting ready. I stretched and tossed the covers getting up. walking into the bathroom and joining Leo. "Good morning" he kisses me on the cheek and leaves. I do my business and put on some Jean shorts and a crew neck sweater that says I like naps.

I went into the living room and saw Kat and Sam sitting on the couch watching tv. Sam saw me and jumped up to give me the biggest hug. "I miss you," he says. I miss you too I reply releasing from the hug.

I fixed myself a bowl I cereal and sat at the island scarfing it down. I was so hungry.

Later on, Leo went to meet some of his friends from high school that moved out here after college. I was sitting on the couch watching criminal minds with Kat eating ketchup chips.

"Hey, I know this is so soon but the boys are throwing a party and I think it would be good for you to get out and you can bring Leo," Kat says looking up from her phone.
I'll think about I sigh and return to the tv.

Leo came back and we decide to go out for a walk. It was nice outside. We ended up at the park and sat at one of the picnic tables under a shade tree. A few kids were playing and it made me think about who would my children look like me or Colby or what their personalities would be like.

Back at the house, it was nearing 8:30 and I decide I can't let this keep holding me back so I asked Kat to borrow an outfit and Leo was getting ready again. I finished off with some light makeup and curled the ends of my hair.

In the car, Leo kept glancing at me to make sure I was okay. I think he knew I was nervous. I decided to just hum to the song playing in the background.

We park outside on the street and my stomach started doing flips. Leo came over and opens the door for me. Thank you I kiss him.

He grabs my hand and we stroll in. There were people everywhere. (There in the new house now ) in the living room standing around the Island in the kitchen and even outside in the huge backyard. I spotted an open box of white claws and grabbed one popping the top. Leo led me to a seat outside on the patio where he spotted Kat and the girls talking.

I haven't spotted Colby yet I saw Sam talking to Kevin and Corey. That was until I heard "hey ladies" and I saw those gorgeous blue eyes in the moonlight. Standing in between Kat and Stas holding a white claw.
I noticed Leo knew I was tensed up and grabbed my hand. Colby looked over at me with a look on his face and said have a good night lady's and walked off to Sam.

My white claw was empty and I got up to get another one but Leo didn't follow me. I saw Colby standing in the kitchen alone and I was a nervous wreck to walk in there. You can do this I think to myself and  I take a deep breath. I walk quickly and grab one until I felt a warm hand on my arm stopping me from leaving. I turn to face him.

"Hey, it's nice to finally see you back," he says. "Thanks," I say. Looking at him made me want to cry but with his hand still on my arm I felt the butterflies startup. "Can we talk sometime before you run off again?" Yeah, I need to go before Leo worries about me I let out in a hoarse whisper. He lets me go and I didn't look back. I noticed Leo still sitting there deep in conversation with the girls and Sam.

I just wanted to get out of there. I asked Leo if we could leave and agreed and I said my goodbyes to everyone but I never saw Colby after the encounter in the kitchen.